Looking for lenses

xjrrrdx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay I got on here a while back. I bought a Canon 30D and a amron - SP AF 17-50/2.8 DI II LD ASPHERICAL IF | MACRO WIDE-ANGLE TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS. It works great from what I can tell haha being as I have never owned any SLR in my life.

I am moving to Germany and I am going to be wanting to take a lot of pictures of the monuments and all the sights that Europe has to offer. So I am not sure what is going to be needed, I love my current lens as it is, but is it enough for what I described?

Here are a few photos I have taken (none are great being as I still am learning but I am having fun lol):
2800709997_4d198a5bb0.jpg

2801563330_2b3cb67bcb_b.jpg

2795900999_6fb8095721.jpg

You can shoot just about anything with just about any lens...so it's up to you whether that one is enough for you or not.

You might want to consider something in the longer telephoto range. A good compliment to the lens you have would be something in the 70-200mm range. Canon makes 4 version of that lens from a 70-200 f4 to a 70-200 f2.8 IS the faster you go the more expensive also the IS on either the f4 or the f2.8 version adds to the cost of the lens. Another great player in that field is the Sigma 70-200 f2.8.

This would give you a nice range of wide angle to medium telephoto and would cover a majority of most shooters needs. Good luck and enjoy Germany. I cherish the 2 1/2 years I spent there.

Your lens should be fine for that, unless you have intention to zoom more. If that is the case, I would take gryphonslair's advice.

Most reactions

Back