looking for more info in studio lighting

C

Cuervo79

Hi, I've been googleling, searching on forums (including this one) and others for more information about studio lighting in the area of portraits, glamour, fashion, and comercial (allways with people) specially something "beyond the basics" I have 2 alien bees and I've been experimenting at the moment and I would like to find more information about lighting, I know there are books on this topic but buying a book means buying it either online or ordering it in a book store (wich makes it more expensive, and I'm out of money after buying my lights and accesories).

I've found interesting links like these (for people looking for info like me) :

http://mysite.verizon.net/jayandriot/Loop.htm

http://www.dg28.com/technique/index.htm

And forums like the fred miranda, with the famous "one light setups" and "show us yor studio" threads.

I'm interested in finding more information specially with photos of the studio (either indoor or outside) and how the place the lights. Any help is aprecciated.

I believe some of these options are definitely studio-required.....

- Reflectors
- Flash (Obviously)
- Stands (Stand kits)
- Softboxes
- Lighting
- Lightmeters
- Backdrops (I hear Savage Widetone Seamless Background has been serving over 55 years)

Just don't be afraid, set up studio and give it a try!

a, yes well here's my complete kit
2 large soft boxes
2 stands
1 grid 20 degree
1 20" silver white reflector

Still I'm looking for techniques and info on the actual placing of light and the effects you get with them
Yes I still need a light meter (ran out of $$$ so right now its trial and error with LCD preview)

hehe, yes well I've been doing this, I'm very psiched about my new hard ware I've been looking for all the info I can get my hands on, sadly most of the online stuff is pretty basic.

thanx anyway

All you need is the basics. Once you understand how to achieve lighting ratios, the rest is up to you. Look at photos you admire and figure out what lighting was used. Follow the shadows. Develop your own styles by experimenting. Don't be afraid to break the rules.

Most reactions

Back