Looking for Opinions on Site Mockup

haha, thanks.

Drift your mouse to the right and left on the image and a little arrow will pop up for next/prev.

What did you think of the site look and feel?

Nice.

Less fussy than a lot and it loaded quickly. Feels professional without being too 'arty' or 'trying too hard'.

I moved my mouse all over to see if a prev/next popped up but obviously missed the spots. I should have known because I've seen that technique used before.

Nice.

Less fussy than a lot and it loaded quickly. Feels professional without being too 'arty' or 'trying too hard'.

I moved my mouse all over to see if a prev/next popped up but obviously missed the spots. I should have known because I've seen that technique used before.

hm, ok, well... cool.

I haven't really had a single negative reaction to the site, which kinda baffles me, since I am BY NO MEANS a web designer or graphic artist. Guess I should be happy, but instead I'm kind of alarmed. :lol:

Thanks!

I haven't really had a single negative reaction to the site, which kinda baffles me, since I am BY NO MEANS a web designer or graphic artist.

I think that the vast majority of complaints about sites (apart from some appalling readability issues and colour schemes), are caused by the 'designers' designing them to impress themselves and others that don't actually have to use said site.

You've stuck with a clear, clean, layout that isn't filled with dozens of links pointing to every page under the sun or pointless gimmicks trying to be ever so clever.

As such the site works and does not distract from what it's supposed to do.

Being a photographer you're more likely to have a clue about colour and style, particularly if you don't get over ambitious.

So I don't really think you have too much to be alarmed about.

Site looks good, although i hope this is just the gallery page and you will do something different for and entrance and home page. I would like to comment on interior shots if I may. I know that you say your clients want accurate technical picture, and I agree somewhat, but if you bring additional complimentary lighting to a scene which may not naturally have it, I think most clients would appreciate that (if it's done right). I photograph kitchens (much smaller than the interiors you shoot) and take two 500w studio monolights and two port flashes to a shoot. Sometimes I will do everything I can to slow a shutter down long enough to manually pop the flash in multiple directions during one shot. I can see you have a vision for the direction of your business and it shows in the exterior shots. But don't let the fact that you may not have the right equipment YET hinder your vision for improvement on the interiors. I like the gallery page and look forward to seeing more pages.

On a side note, I see you have a D300 which also means you have Capture NX. Have you had a chance to mess around with the control points on NX yet? They can be a VERY useful tool for bringing more or different light to specific areas of an image. IE control points in darker coners of an interioir can bring balance to a final image. See the kitchens shots in my commercial gallery for examples.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back