Looking for reviews: Canon EOS Rebel digital SLR

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by jenny, Dec 27, 2003.

1. jenny

jenny TPF Noob!

I'm an amateur photographer who's dabbled with 35mm and medium formats as well as darkroom use. I've always preferred using film over digital cameras (even though I work with video for a living). I've recently realized the positive side to using digital cameras and would love to purchase a good digital SLR. Has anyone ever used the Canon EOS Rebel? Are there any models you would suggest. My budget is $1000 and under.

2. GimpyPoop

GimpyPoop TPF Noob!

3. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I got one right after Turkey Day. I find it to be a good camera. If you lens to match the mount, the I would just get the body and not the kit. Course you have to buy some memory, so you might want to figure that into your calucations.

4. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a digital rebel. I love it. You can see some of my photos here.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3664

As far as price, yeah it's under $1000, but you will need lots of memory, especially if you are shooting in RAW. I bought the rebel, a 512mb CF card, a 1g CF card, an extra battery, the kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 II prime lens, for about $1500.

You don't necessarily have to buy a new battery to start, but you do need memory, and I wouldn't go with any less than a 256mb card. It fills up quick.

There are some limitations, such as 1/200sec max flash sync shutter, but I've found that for what I do, the camera is great.