Looking for solid Mini tripod

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am looking for a good solid mini tripod that can go very low to the ground as possible. The purpose of this mini tripod is that can hold Canon 100-400mm or 70-200mm lens while need to go as low as possible to the ground to capture a swimmer with butterfly stroke.

Thank you,

Might take a look at some of the bean bags as well.

With my tripod, to put the camera as low as possible to the ground, I flip the center column over and have the camera hanging upside down.

With my tripod, to put the camera as low as possible to the ground, I flip the center column over and have the camera hanging upside down.

Thank you for your advice. I can not take the big or medium tripod because I have to move very quick at swim meet.

Be careful of minitripods especially with the weight you want to put on it.
You'll have to get a Heavy-Duty rated mini-tripod.

If you got a regular tripod that allowed a mount on the bottom of the center post, that might be your best bet.

most better regular tripods allow the legs to go flat with the ground too.

You don't need any sort of tripod for those kinds of shots. You need to learn how to shoot from the ground. This has worked for centuries. This has worked for the last 60 years or so.

Thank you for your advice. I will look into that link. The main reason that I need mini tripod because lots of times at the meet I have been holding the heavy camera all day long, running around in the sun and got the point that my arms was so weak. Just need some solid tripod to rest my camera on so I can just point and shoot.

Thank you for your advice. I can not take the big or medium tripod because I have to move very quick at swim meet.
Exactly why you don't need any kind of tripod.

You don't need any sort of tripod for those kinds of shots. You need to learn how to shoot from the ground. This has worked for centuries. This has worked for the last 60 years or so.

Thank you for your advice. I will look into that link. The main reason that I need mini tripod because lot of times at the meet I have been holding the heavy camera all day long, running around in the sun and got the point that my arms was so weak. Just need some solid tripod to rest my camera on so I can just point and shoot.
Don't hold a heavy camera all day. I shoot sports and often shoot 2 NCAA Division 1 soccer games in a day. I hold the camera when I am shooting, otherwise my black rapid strap holds one and the second body is on my monopod, usually with a 400mm f2.8 on it.

Thank you for your advice. I will look into that link. The main reason that I need mini tripod because lots of times at the meet I have been holding the heavy camera all day long, running around in the sun and got the point that my arms was so weak. Just need some solid tripod to rest my camera on so I can just point and shoot.
try a monopod

A mini-tripod won't have sufficient weight capacity for a DSLR camera and a 70-200 mm lens let alone a 100-400 mm lens.

So what you need is a regular (good and sturdy) tripod & head with sufficient weight capacity that allows you to reverse the center column and hang the camera/lens upside down and close to the floor.

I recommend a tripod that has no more than 3 leg sections. The more leg sections a tripod has the less stable a tripod becomes.

MeFoto Daytrip.
I have one for macro on the ground ... since I got tired of carrying my other tripod and reversing the column.
It is very sturdy ... and the ball head can hold a lot of weight for its small size.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you very much everyone for your help. :1219::1219::1219:

I've had a couple Neewer products, be wary of these cheap solutions when using high end equipment. The old saying"you get what you pay for" is often more true than not

Most reactions

New Topics

Back