Looking for some C&C on a couple shots

RockDawg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for some input on these two shots. I struggle to with composition and finding interesting shots.

This first one was taken at a really cool, old cemetery, but this is the only interesting shot I came away with. I intentionally allowed the background in focus because I liked it better being able to read the headstones in the background. Bad choice?

2874309842_e3f159a3e4.jpg

Larger image here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2874309842_e3f159a3e4_b.jpg

This second one isn't the most original, I know, but I was driving through a local metro park and thought the view was worthy of a snap. I didn't notice the couple distracting leaves in the upper right until I got home and viewed it on my monitor. Really disappointed with that. Other than that, what are your thoughts on this one?

2873485377_e3d304348b.jpg

Larger image here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/2873485377_e3d304348b_b.jpg

Awesome work...I think you made the right choice on image one...Image two I would go back at night and wait for a car to pass by and get the red streaks; but then again I don't see any street lamps so I would go during sunset.

C&C per req:

1. Nicely done mono conversion, but it could be just a touch brighter I think. I agree, keeping the whole image in focus works in tis case, but the tree along the RH side bothers me somewhat; it's a rather heavy, dark border and I think could stand to be cropped.

2. Technically a fine image, and you've got a perfect compositional element in there, but what you're lacking is a main subject. What would make this image perfect is something for the eye to see as it tavels down the road.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

dang, i really like em both.
for number one
try more of a lower angle lookin up

#2 is great, but like John said, its missing the main sucject. Try what cvnang said. i think it would look really good.

Thanks for the input. I tried capturing #2 with a car, but I couldn't get it right because it was windy and the long shutter blurred all the leaves. I'm going to try going back and getting that again. I like the idea of doing it at dusk. I think I'll try that.

Would love some more feedback.

the both look great to me! Good job!

Most reactions

Back