Looking for some c&c on PP, OK?

saycheese76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have some specifics as to what I can do in PP to improve this?
Thanks!
Jason
3121086669_2d60bab7bd.jpg

clone out the stuff in the background. It's too sharp to give context without taking focus away from your subject.

Technically, you could deal with the hotspots (not a big problem with this image) or bring up the shadows a bit around the eyes.

With his sharp angles, defined features and facial hair, this image may be a good candidate for a fairly aggressive high-pass sharpening that accentuates those features.

clone out the stuff in the background. It's too sharp to give context without taking focus away from your subject.

Technically, you could deal with the hotspots (not a big problem with this image) or bring up the shadows a bit around the eyes.

With his sharp angles, defined features and facial hair, this image may be a good candidate for a fairly aggressive high-pass sharpening that accentuates those features.
Whew. Google is my friend. Howzabout this?
3121209887_5cd2a540e4.jpg

I say :thumbup: to the PP of the face/sweatshirt. However, with the background completely black, he looks as though he's been photoshopped (I think even someone who didn't know about photography would spot this). I am a noob, but did you try selectively blurring the background? (I think that's possible) All in all, nice work.

I think the guy's face, the colors, exposure, etc. are perfect. The background just needs help, and I think utterly removing it looks a bit ... off.

What about something like this?

REVISED.jpg

It's a touch sloppy because I did it in like 2 minutes, but I basically...

1. Selected the area in the background
2. Feathered the selection by a bit
3. Did a brightness reduction bringing it down all the way
4. Did a gaussian blur on it

I think the guy's face, the colors, exposure, etc. are perfect. The background just needs help, and I think utterly removing it looks a bit ... off.

What about something like this?

REVISED.jpg

It's a touch sloppy because I did it in like 2 minutes, but I basically...

1. Selected the area in the background
2. Feathered the selection by a bit
3. Did a brightness reduction bringing it down all the way
4. Did a gaussian blur on it
Yeah. I kind of like the b/g. I like how bringing it down a bit made it fade into the background of the image overall. Thanks for the input, gang!

3rd time's a charm?
3122168220_8d299e4698.jpg

little too sharp in my opinion

edit: directed toward previous post

I'll continue to tinker. Thanks again, guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back