Looking for some C & C

Wow, the second shot you've posted is great! The way you captured all that detail while in motion is really impressive. I think you should be proud of that shot, and congrats for having it printed.

As for the focus in the first, sometimes people prefer a softer focus for some shots so a crisp focus is not always a necessity. It's just when you have a shot that is out of focus, you don't want it to look like user error which is a hard thing to do. Great work though, you should post more if you have them.

This shot also is softly focused I guess - but I still really like it - both horse and rider are gorgeous...I think.

DSC_3325.jpg

Hi,

I like this shot as you do. but the focus is not soft, its perfect on her shoulder. I think your aperture and shallow DOF is what threw you off here.

I suppose that if you start using the flash you might be able to use a little larger aperture and the focus will become less of an issue.

I have been having similar struggles with shooting at swim meets: large aperture for the lighting and shallow DOF = lots of missed focus shots.

good luck
jerry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back