Looking for some C&C

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just looking for some C&C on a few of my photo's. You guys...and gals are such a big help.

bridgeandfall.jpg

gabrige2.jpg

gapark.jpg

andrew-2.jpg

boybeingaboybw.jpg

i like the effect on the first one.... care to share some info on how that one came about?. awesome killjoy effect with reflection on #4. love the expression

I shot that in GA at Watson Mill State Park..Im super new to all this so best I can tell you is I took it on landscape:blushing: and then played with it in light room...The litle boy with the reflection is one of my twin nephews and he like to cut his teeth on the table...I just got lucky with the reflection:blushing:

That bad huh :er: o well back to the drawing board:er:

Some unasked for advice in regards to getting feedback: post no more than about 3 images, but more importantly, post images together that belong together. You're more likely to get feedback if you put up a post with people pictures and another post with landscape pictures.

That being said:

The saturation's a bit high in #1, but it's a pleasing image in many regards. It looks very CGI-ish but not in a bad way.

#2 suffers from being taken at the exact wrong times of day, the greens are washed out by the harsh light. The whole image feels tilted to the right.

#3 again the saturation is a bit much and I think this might actually benefit from having the water portions cropped out. The downside of that means the bridge would be framed center, which would probably not work compositionally in this case.

#4 is a cute photo and the reflection is fun, the TV and the bright orange thing don't help it. #4 and #5 also have some pretty strong vignetting. It works in #5 (more on that) but has no place in #4, really.

#5 nice use of symmetry and patterns and shows where a centered composition can work. The vignette works here but I think it's a bit overdone. The pole growing out of the subject's head is a sad consequence of the location. The subject is also pretty grainy... was this pushed with the 'fill' sliders in LR? It really has that look. The B&W conversion is pretty typical for what Lightroom can do, but I do find it interesting how the foreground looks like it was comp'd in from a different image (I know it wasn't) but the background looks like an old black and white photo, and the foreground bars look like it's from a new one. Interesting juxtaposition, and would be grand if you could figure out how to do that reliably.

i think #1 is your best one. Love the B&W for #4 as well.
clear.gif

I love all the green!

And the BW with the kido is awesome......

I'll echo rufus' comments. If you want quality C&C, post one, maybe two images, and then try to ask specific questions ("Did I get the composition right? Is my exposure off?"). I think rufus pretty much covered it.

Most reactions

Back