Looking for some feedback/critique

Amanda.s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello I am hoping to get some feedback on the album I have posted, there are 12 portraits in that album.

I have to build my portfolio more when it comes to working with models. I normally do family photos and nature.

If you can choose two images and critique them I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance

Album: Portraits

You will always get better results by asking for critique on one or two images, but as a body of work, I see three consistent issues: (1) Odd framing/cropping choices; (2) inaccurate white balance; and (3) poor exposure.

If you can choose two images and critique them I would really appreciate it!
How to choose:

1. Select the two images that YOU like best. It is not necessary to tell us why you like them.
2. Select the two images that you have questions about. Please ask those questions with your post.
3. Select the two images that you really hoped people would like, but for some reason nobody raves about them.
4. Select the two images that you have had some difficulty in editing, and ask for specific help.

Not bad lady, I see a lot of potential!

Okay issues I have with your photo.
The color balance is often off. Too much cool tone.
The one with the boat had so much potential, you shot her at the golden hour, yet the tone is blue. Okay it's a bit overexposed, did you shooted raw ? You can save it.
Your profile state that your photo are not okay to edit, yet if you want in private, I can show you how just a fix can totally change the whole photo ambiance.

On some of the photos, the focus is off.
Marianna for exemple (the second) or Kit (gorgeous model)

My fav is probably Kit (the last one, love the mood it works) BUT there's too much useless space behind her.

Thank you for your feedback cauzimme. I have changed my preferences so you have the ability to edit my photos if you would like to do so.

I appreciate your pointers, perhaps my monitor is off or needs to be calibrated. I do shoot in raw, and edit / correct white balance in raw, but maybe I need to brush up my editing skills. Perhaps my editing isnt finely tuned.
I prefer to shoot in a wide aperture ,between 1.4-2.2 because i enjoy the bokeh effect, but my focus may have been a tad off.

I agree about the inconsistent color balance being an issue, particularly across a portfolio. The two of Janet really jump out at me because they are so magenta! But, it does look like you are slowly developing a subject style even if you're missing out on editing style.

As you can see, just a small change in the color balance, can make a huge diffence. It's still not perfect, but it's closer to what the human eyes see. Less cold.

upload_2016-9-22_0-12-43.png

I honestly feel really proud of this photo in general. I do agree the warmer tone improves the overall image. Thank you for showing me that.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I honestly feel really proud of this photo in general. I do agree the warmer tone improves the overall image. Thank you for showing me that.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
You should be it's a nice photo!
You have a good eye, and a vision, I can see where you're going, you just need to learn the overall technique before going crazy in every direction. Try to build a serie next shoot, and focus on 3 important aspect.
Exposure, Color balance, and focus, after that, everyshoot you do, ad a little difficulty, capturing movement, using a flash, shooting at night etc ... You'll improve fast i'm sure.

Most reactions

Back