Looking for some feedback on 2 ideas

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i have been thinking of doing a summer-long project to keep me busy this summer. I have it narrowed down to 2 ideas. Just looking to see what people think of them. Steal them, shame on you lol.

1- Take headshots of normal, everyday people (moms, dads, old ppl, kids, cops, doctors ect.) and then take another shot of them made up to look like zombies. Kind of showing what the world would look like if a zombie apocalypse happens. For some reason, I am drawn to zombies lol. Don't ask why

2- Take shots of everyday people (same as above) but them using things they have on them as weapons. Like an old lady choking someone out using an oxygen tank tube or a photographer swinging his camera at someone lol

idk I think they could both be cool.

thanks

God, you're sick. :lol: I wish had that much time to worry about what to shoot - haha.

The second sounds more challenging as you need two people in each shot. For that you need pretty good models or people willing to do this over and over again feeling like idiots.

Both sound extreme fun. Either one will keep you busy - I like #2.

If you have a local roller derby league, ask them... they'd probably love to be your subjects. If you offer them to use some of your photos for their bout posters or calendars, they'd probably even do them for free. We did a lot of fun shoots for photographer friends of ours when I played. We look like normal people during the day (most of us lol), but when we play, we pull out our inner alter-egos. Its fun, and I loved (and all the derby girls too) dressing up and getting to be different people for different things. And most roller derby chix I know love zombies.

ps... in our league alone we had nurses, a couple lawyers, hairdressers, housewives, a dental assistant, bartenders, insurance agents, chiropracters... you name it. So you can get a lot of variety, except for maybe the old part. I think the oldest woman was 45.

thanks for the input everyone! idk about finding a roller derby team here lol. The first one to me would be more difficult because I would be, with the help of a friend, be applying makeup to every person lol. My vision of it would be like one page the normal portrait probably in b&w, the the opposite page the same person zombified in b&w.

#2 would be fun too. but i think i might run out of ideas lol. i might try both

It's a cool idea Tyler. You should explore it. I once did a display of regular ladies, and then again as various Goddesses. It was fun, and really stretched my artistic muscle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back