chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,

well today i had a photoshoot.. at.. 1pm.. i know, the worst time in the world to shoot photos, but they insisted that it was the only time that would work, as their sons had to go back to university later that day, and the morning wasnt going to work...

well as you can imagine, I have some lighting issues.. this picture is the one i like the most, but as you notice, the mothers face has a sun spot on it.. does anyone have mad skillz where they can balance out the mother and middle sons face??

heres a link to the full size image:

http://img.skitch.com/20081012-gxfiwrapb335sp33q5t8h31tru.jpg

Do you not have a RAW? Surely if you went out knowing that it was going to be horrible lighting conditions, you would've shot in RAW...?

Looks like you should have used fill flash. Sorry to say. Not sure what PS will do myself. But I will play with it.

I'll have a good try for you Chris! give me some time lol

Took at look,.. and even at full negative exposure there is just nothing but white in the problem areas... even with mad skills this is a paint job, and I would not expect that it can be saved... unless..

Can you provide other shots where the overexposure is not so bad or just layer in her head from another near take?

-Shea

Yeah I gave up on the jpeg the highlights are too blown. That and Im way out of practice. Been using NX when I do need to process.

i do have other shots of it, but unfortunatley the same space on her face is blown out on all of them.. it was one of those "this is where we really want the picture" even though i told them it wouldnt be good..

I'm slowly getting there, done the womans face, now the dudes.

argh.. i think it still needs a little work, little texture added here and there etc.. sorta messed it up nearer the end..

besttry.jpg

if you want that to work with i can send you the tiff or something like that?

tired eyes to go on, i'd mess it up more lol.. could probably add some texture with some filters or something.. beats me really.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back