Looking for some quick PC help...

iamcombat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I first got my camera I just used the windows file transfer thing and when I did that I checked the box that says "always do this selected action" or whatever so I didn't have to keep messing with it....

Well today I was out and did a short 15 second video test to see the quality of it and when I got home and transferred everything the video just seems to have disappeared and I also had the "delete after transferred" so it's not on the card any more either...and I don't want this to happen when I actually have important stuff on there....so I'd like to know if there is a way to stop this from automatically transferring when I plug my card in?

I need a bit more info, like which version of Windows? Where does it normally import the photos? Etc.

I'm thinking if it normally imports the photos to the pictures folder, that maybe it threw the video in the videos folder...

I need a bit more info, like which version of Windows? Where does it normally import the photos? Etc.

I'm thinking if it normally imports the photos to the pictures folder, that maybe it threw the video in the videos folder...

Windows 7 and it auto imports them to a folder on the desktop. I looked all over and didn't find it anywhere....have no idea what happened to it. *shrugs*

Does it also autoname the files? If so it may name them by date of import. Search using the date to see if you can find it.

You also need to go to your control panel and change the default settings for handling import so you computer quits auto importing and erasing. Change your "auto play" settings to "ask me every time" for video files and pictures so you can control where it goes and what software is used.

You can open the software used to import, open a file in it, file, save as, and see what the default location is. Your missing file will probably be in that folder.

To change that in the future, plug in your device, go to my computer, right click on the device, go to the autoplay tab, and select what you would like to have happen when you plug it in. Its slightly different for each OS, so it would be helpful to know what you are running.

Also, to ensure you did not get rid of the photos, do a search. Look for photos in My Computer, and align by the Last Modified date. It will let you know if it has any photos from the day you uploaded them.

Good luck

Joe :D

On Windows 7, hit start, type "Autoplay" and hit enter. At the bottom of the window that pops uo, there's a section for devices. Locate your camera, and select what you want it to do. I'd recommend "ask me every time" or "take no action" as neither of those is going to modify files without asking. Hope this helped!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back