looking for your thoughts

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by chrisburke, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chrisburke

chrisburke TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am a noob to photography, and really want to do good with it. I'm wondering if you guys can take a look at these photos and let me know your thoughts, whats good, whats bad, what should i do to improve the pics.

Pay no mind to the pictures of the mountains, they were just taken from a plane with my iSight camera on my laptop, however the others were taken with a camera, most of them my Nikon D40, some of them just with a point and shoot. It's more the pics from the D40 I'm wondering about, as I have really just gotten into photography and they are some of my first shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8110131@N06/sets/72157600177172812/show/

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The pictures are fine, the focus, color and sharpness are fine.

It is impossible to give a sensible critique on a long series of pictures in widely varying topics.

You are new to photography so you want some assurances that you are going in the right direction. Well, you are.

Now go take pictures that you care about, that represent more than a moment's thought and then post those, preferably one at a time so you can actually learn from the responses.

3. DigitalDiva

DigitalDiva TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I second what The Traveler has written. Read as much as you can on photography. It's all a learning process and the more you shoot, the better you get.

4. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    And most of all remember this: Whatever I say is the work of God, you can trust it without question.

Actually since the have the not okay to edit, I can't bring one here to show you what I would have done differently. But keep shooting always a good way to learn.

5. skieur

skieur TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lol: :lol: I don't have the impression yet, that you are up with current digital photography and postprocessing in either experience or philosophy.

Just an observation and not meant as offensive. Learning is lifelong and even the well-experienced should avoid getting into a rut. :)

And yes, I do try to follow my own advice. ;)

skieur

6. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    And I hoped everyone here knew a joke when they saw it. Guess I was wrong.

Thouugh I'm not into digital photography, please don't assume that a lack of interest in photoshop means I can't achieve acceptable results with conventional editing techniques while using digital dark rooms. I said I had no use for it, never said I couldn't use digital techniques. If I was a total idiot, which some here might think, I couldn't participate at all.

As for being in rut. Well I'm not really in anything, neither in a rut nor lost on a new road. What I am is tryin got get by and hopefully pass on a little of what I picked up along the way. If anyone took that statement you quoted as gospel then I do apologize. I hardly think anyone not looking to start another arguement would have. My participation in this BS discussion has ended ta ta.

sign this the jack booted thug..

7. chrisburke

chrisburke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey Guys,

thanks for the encourgements. I dont want my pictures to say "you can't edit them" I just don't know how to change it.

Also I've tried to post images on here, (individual ones) but I guess I'm not doing the html code right, because it always just ends up posting a link to the image.

8. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    one of the mods should help you with that. I think if you go into the user cp you can change the edit requirments.... I would expect that your host has several different settings when it reports the upload to you. Try them all in that little window that the mountain scene opens. Be sure to remove the http stuff from the window before you paste yours in.

Not all the address at once of course

9. New England Moments

New England Moments TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Always good to see people argue on a thread , must do a lot for someone new to photography to see the carrying on... never fails???

anyway agree with the posts on to many pics to comment...