Ugly's Beauty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
uglysbeauty.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone
I enjoy feedback on my photos because it only helps me become a better photographer. Good, bad or indifferent, let me know what you think. Please don't be negative (I enjoy negativity when it helps) without explaining why something is bad. Thanks

Attachments

• 25629972180_75b34c8704_o.jpg
    25629972180_75b34c8704_o.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 177
Hi. I like the exposure and focus that you used. You captured a lot of detail in the brick and windows. I don't really care for the angle/pov. I would have liked to see less of the sky in this one. There are no interesting clouds or color variations going on there so, to me, I don't think it adds anything to the shot. Did you frame or crop it like this to get rid of some people or distractions that were in the foreground?

Other than agreeing with the comments above, the only thing that strikes me as a problem is the obvious vignette. Some people like this sort of thing, but I think most prefer something more subtle that directs attention away from the edges without calling attention to itself. Just be aware that there is an option with regard to how one does a vignette and then you can choose what you think works best for a particular image.

Hi. I like the exposure and focus that you used. You captured a lot of detail in the brick and windows. I don't really care for the angle/pov. I would have liked to see less of the sky in this one. There are no interesting clouds or color variations going on there so, to me, I don't think it adds anything to the shot. Did you frame or crop it like this to get rid of some people or distractions that were in the foreground?
Thanks for the critique. I didn't even think about the sky not having anything interesting going on and having a lot of it in the frame. The day was was very overcast which is one of the reasons I changed the picture to B&W. I did crop it this way because there was some people and cars in the frame that didn't go with the composition I was trying to capture. Again, Thanks for helping with making my photography better.

Other than agreeing with the comments above, the only thing that strikes me as a problem is the obvious vignette. Some people like this sort of thing, but I think most prefer something more subtle that directs attention away from the edges without calling attention to itself. Just be aware that there is an option with regard to how one does a vignette and then you can choose what you think works best for a particular image.
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely keep the overzealous vignetting in mind for future editing.

I agree with both repliers here :)

I like it. I'd like it more if you increased the distance to this subject and decreased the tilt.
Why not try some perspective correction in post for a laugh and to see if it helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back