Looking into selling a Nikon D60 Gold Edition Kit

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a one month old Nikon D60 Black/Gold Special edition kit with the standard 18-55 VR kit lens. It's in the box with all the original wrapping and in perfect condition. I will be including the following with it, the Nikon kit bag (good size bag), a memory card, a UV filter for the lense, and I can throw in Photoshop Elements 6 if desired (atleast $70 value).
The reason I am selling it is, I have the urge to move up to the D90.

I paid $638 for the kit, and wouldn't mind letting it go for $480. Also lowered the price.

I would say at this point it's not a bad deal.:thumbup:

BTW THEY ENLARGEVVVVVVV

Last edited:
Is this still for sale? Anything come with it besides the body and lens? I'm looking to get either a Nikon D40 or D60. Also, what is the black/gold special edition kit mean?

Thanks,

Krista

Question: What does the black/gold special edition mean?

Answer: It means the camera was ordered from Nikon by Ritz Camera, or a Ritz Camera subsidiary. After their recent bankruptcy filing, Ritz moved many of those cameras to other vendors, like Adorama for example. IOW, it means almost nothing. Ritz owed Nikon millions of dollars in unpaid debt at the time of the bankruptcy filing,and it's not clear if Ritz wholesaled those special editions to other vendors for cash, or if Nikon took the stock back as a way to reduce the millions of dollars worth of debt owed to them by Ritz.

Is this still for sale? Anything come with it besides the body and lens? I'm looking to get either a Nikon D40 or D60. Also, what is the black/gold special edition kit mean?

Thanks,

Krista
I still have the Camera in the package sitting on my desk at home.
A word of advice from me would be, go with the D60. The difference in features makes the marginal difference in price, well worth it. I always end up kicking myself for going lower (IE I went D60 when I really wanted D90)...
Black/Gold, That was just a limited release of D60's with "Gold Edition" added to the neck strap, and gold features on the camera body. The D60 badge, shutter button, and strap eyes are gold for example.

As far as other things to throw in, well you can have the large Nikon bag, and I can throw in a memory card (cant remember the size of my spare, I'll update this when I get home from work)...

Let me know if you want pictures, or have questions.

You might have to do a little better on price as B&H has the D60 right now at $599 plus $50 instant rebate....so $549 brand new with warranty (Nikon's warranty's aren't transferable). I've been looking around for something for my wife, but I'd just pay the $50 for one new plus the 1yr warranty....plus I'm not sure but what I wouldn't rather have a D40....still considering a D50 or D60 though too.

You might have to do a little better on price as B&H has the D60 right now at $599 plus $50 instant rebate....so $549 brand new with warranty (Nikon's warranty's aren't transferable). I've been looking around for something for my wife, but I'd just pay the $50 for one new plus the 1yr warranty....plus I'm not sure but what I wouldn't rather have a D40....still considering a D50 or D60 though too.
I hear you...
I also understand that even though it is only a month old, and has barely seen the light of day, it is still "used", but it is still a fairly fresh/newer used camera.
I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I still have the paperwork that you are suppose to send in for the warranty, I didn't care to send it as I had it insured for twice it's value the day I bought it for $1 a month through my INS company.

As Far as differences, 10.2 vs 6.1 Mpix, Broader ISO range on D60, Dust removal system, Some flash speed differences, Framing rate is slower, missing 3 in camera retouch options, etc. The image size difference was enough for me.

I could probably throw in Photoshop Elements 6 ($80 on their site) with the memory card, and bag in the deal. Only other thing I have is a used tripod.
I'm flexible to a point (still factoring in the difference between the D60 and D90 in my head :confused:).

Sachphotography- I'm up in Bellingham. This is a good time to come up here, you just missed our heat wave which was pretty bad for the area (108 in Seattle)..
Where are you moving to? Ever been here before?

I wish I had the money for this. That camera looks sooooo good! Good luck selling it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back