Looking old...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by OPTRICE, Sep 13, 2005.

1. OPTRICE

OPTRICE TPF Noob!

Hi, im still fairly a newbie in this forum, and this is actually my first photo post. Tell me what you think. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

2. Randog

Randog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it in fact I like it a lot. I wish I knew a little more about how you created this image. It does have an antique feel to it. I love the grain, sepia and blown out effects. What processes did you apply to this image?

3. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i'm with randog on the antique feel of the photo, but i find myself distracted because I want to see the whole sign and the left edge is cut off

4. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    very cool, love the effect, and the mystery with the sign, well done

5. OPTRICE

OPTRICE TPF Noob!

Thank you all for your replies. The picture was taken in northern California where old faithful is located. The sign on the left actually read “This is a capped geyser used to heat the home and for domestic purposes”. I could have included more of the sign, but this way it create a yearning to go back in time to see what the sign said feel to the picture. The vintage effect took a while to figure, but I was pretty satisfied with the out come. Neways, here are the steps: First I change the color to grayscale. Then by using the brush tool, I change the brush size to about 400-500px, the opacity to about 10% and the foreground color to white. Next I painted the left and right sides of the image to create the worn out look. Then by using the curve window, I changed the white to a light gray by lowing the bottom left tab up and bringing the top right tab to the left so the black becomes darker. I also worked with the mid tone by clicking on the middle of the line and with the new tab; drag it down to the bottom right to make a small curve. I blurred the picture a bit, and created a new layer so I can add the grain effect. The grain effect for my picture was about 40 for intensity and 50 for type. After combining image by flattening them together, I added the sepia tint. First change the image back from grayscale to RGB and open the Hue/Saturation and enter about 35 for Hue and 10 for saturation.

[font=&quot]I hope my explanation helps, and hope to get more comments on my next post[/font]

6. Pixel9ine

Pixel9ine TPF Noob!

...You left out the part where you ask your subject to wear a fedora.. very period-appropriate!

Nicely done! :thumbup: