Looking through old photos - C & C

Bad Andy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking through some old photos today, and came across this one that I shot on my old point-and-shoot in 2001. I really like it. Let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance for looking.

Jan31_28.jpg

Its a cool picture

I like almost everything about this shot....just clone out the tops of both telephone poles. ;)

Ok,

Here I have tried cloning out the telegraph poles, and have also tried B&W. What is the correct way to do a B&W? I just desaturated the image. I personally don't like it.

2.) Color re-edited
Bodie1040.jpg

3.) B&W Attempt
BodieBW041.jpg

I also just downloaded and am trying Topaz effects. I enhanced the color pic a little in using Topaz. Let me know what you think.

-Andy

I took your original and did the cloning myself.

Oops I forgot to mention I reduced the noise.

Here's my rendition
34963030.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/i/34963030.jpg/

BodieBW041.jpg
34963030.jpg
< My edit. There was some link problem not displaying the image.
34963030.jpg

Last edited:
i like the B&W one, but i think the levels and/or contrast could use a bump.

I like the color the best in the original, but I like the edit because of no poles.The B&W is good too, but as SrBiscuit mentioned, I feel the contrast should be increased a bit.

I like the original. With telephone poles. The sky looks a bit empty to me without it and the fact that there are no cables adds to the feeling of abandonment.

Two thoughts not related to photography: This seems like it could be a nice place for UE. Where is this?

The second thought is that I know some people who would have walked off with the sign and pumps. :lol:

c.cloudwalker - Not sure what you mean by UE? This is place is fantastic. It is Bodie state park (California). It is located about an hour north and east of Mammoth Lakes in the high Sierra Nevada mountains. You need a 4-wheel drive to get there, and the dirt road is closed in the winter. It is like stepping back in time 100 or more years.

I would love to go back there if I had a different car. Most of the buildings are falling apart. They have only preserved about 3 buildings there. They leave the rest to mother nature.

If you travel further down the dirt road, you can see old mining equipment that has just been abandoned. Large stamping mills and such. Truly a magical place. Here are a few more pictures from that same day:

4.)
Bodie4.jpg

5.)
Bodie5.jpg

6.)
Bodie6.jpg

7.)
Bodie7.jpg

Thanks,
-Andy

Edit: North and East of Mammoth Lakes.

Last edited: