Looking to buy a 4x5

Typical omega has plastic parts, that is, why it was cheap. Look for something with metal controls and tripod mount.

good to know

FYI I recently sold a near-mint Graphic View (monorail) without lens on eBay and it went for less than $100.

I sold a Graphic View for $300. Market for them must have softened dramatically.

alright so i ended up with a Calumet 540 that comes with two lenses, what looks like a 120 back?, possibly an instant back?, 18 film holders, 2 boxes of frozen film, an adapter with a polarizing filter and the owners manual. All for 195 bucks! not bad.

Even without the lenses you got a deal.

totally agree. I know the Tominon lens isnt great for the 4x5 but I have a JML Process lens thatll fit an 8x10 that will get mated to one of the lens boards. The Tominon will probably be fitted to my land camera 420 for kicks and giggles. Dont know anything about the anastigmat unofocal though.

The Tominon (Tomioka) lens may surprise you. They made very good lenses including all of Yashica's lenses. Yours is from a Polaroid copy stand camera so it's likely optimized for close-up work. Of course it won't have enough coverage to support camera movements but it should be quite sharp.

Good to know!

There is nowhere in my town , I used to do all my own stuff but the damn hazmat disposal of chemicals is costly so I went dlsr, I have one of the earliest preorder 5D Mark III's around.Then again I still have my Nikon F3 HP titanium on the book shelf begging to come out in the action again.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Anyone have a tri-pod recommendation?

SoulfulRecover said:
Anyone have a tri-pod recommendation?

I had good luck with the old Bogen 3040 "crutch-style" legs...this was a two-section tripiod, with the upper section being the dual, crutch-like part, the lower section being a single-tube leg design. Sturdy and affordable.Bogen 3040 legs - Google Search

Most reactions

New Topics

Back