Looking to buy a better tripod

Imgfascination

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are you using? How do you like it?

Thanks in advance!;)

I recently got [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bogen / Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bogen / Manfrotto 488RC4 Midi Ball Head. They are both fantastic, but I just spent a week hiking and am thinking of getting carbon fiber legs before hauling it around in the mountains again. The legs will handle 15lbs, but weigh in at 5lbs. Amazing how only 5lbs weigh after 6-8 hours.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This was my first ball head and I love it.[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks! I checked them out and they are priced well too!!!

There are a lot more options out there. You can do a serach thru this forum on other outfits that suit your budget. I just responded to your questions. I had an old something-or-the-other tripod and it became apparent it could not handle the weight I was putting on it, but then again, it was about twenty years old.

But I really, really do like the ball head.

The higher end Slick tripods are worth a look. Not as expensive as the Manfrottos, but very stable. Even with my D200, MD-d200 and biggest lens (18-200), its very stable. I use smaller tripods and a monopod when travelling, but then tricks like using the delay or mirror up are things that add to reducing vibration.

I use a Manfrotto 190XProB and 486RC2 ballhead. I like both however I would've liked to of gotten a better ballhead and will eventually upgrade to a CF tripod.

Thanks! I am definitely looking for something a little more stable that can hold the weight. I have heard great things about the ballheads and it is definitely something I am going to invest in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back