Looking to buy a Film Camera..but..

Isnt that the Depth of Field Preview button?

You set your cameras Aperture, then you push that button and the blades move into place as if it was going to take the picture so you can get an Idea of the DOF.

I use it alot for landscape type shots where im focusing on something in the foreground.
No (just tried to make sure). The 10s doesn't have a DOF preview button, but you can reassign the exposure lock (I think) button to act as a DOF preview button. Maybe I should ask in a new thread so this one doesn't get cluttered up...

Oh. Okay. I guess I'll consider getting T2 more now. I still wish they had it in black..it looks so cheap with silver/grey. ;S

You could always paint it...

Just make sure the lens cap is on.

;)

Heh.

By the way..everywhere else I check, says the T2 doesn't have mirror lock up either. =x Or..were you just saying the k2 doesn't have it also. ;S

Last edited:
Heh.

By the way..everywhere else I check, says the T2 doesn't have mirror lock up either. =x Or..were you just saying the k2 doesn't have it also. ;S
According to this site (which I found by googling 'canon rebel t2 specs') it has mirror lockup "with mirror lockup" - I assume that means it's a custom function. The page for the K2 doesn't mention it at all, so I'm led to believe it doesn't have it...

Last edited:
You could always paint it...

Actually I've really been thinking about doing some body painting lately. The cameras I have to work with should be easy. :D

According to this site (which I found by googling 'canon rebel t2 specs') it has mirror lockup "with mirror lockup" - I assume that means it's a custom function. The page for the K2 doesn't mention it at all, so I'm led to believe it doesn't have it...

I saw nothing on a mirror lock on the T2 Here. It's usually listed.

Last edited:
Max shutter speeds
K2: 1/2000
T2: 1/4000

K2: 1.5 frames per second
T2: 3 frames per second

Flash Sync speeds
K2: 1/90
T2: 1/125

Doesn't look like the K2 has mirror lock-up either.

K2
T2

I would get the T2.

Is 1/2000<1/4000, what does this mean shutter speed-wise? Which one is faster? ;s

Same w/ Flash Sync.

The T2 has a faster max shutter speed (twice as fast at 1/4000th of a second), the flash sync speed is also faster (1/90th sec vs. 1/125th sec).

~overwhelmed~

Just buy any cheap Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, Olympus, Ricoh, etc... Something you've heard of. Find one under $100. You can get a Ricoh KR-5 (pretty much the same camera as the Nikon FM-10) for $35 on Ebay; it uses Pentax K mount lenses. Shoot with it for 6 months or a year. After that you'll have a much better understanding about what features you'd like in a 35mm SLR or DSLR, and will be better prepared to make a good choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back