Looking to buy a gift for my GF.

MrEraser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi everyone,

so i know NOTHING about photography, but my gf is really trying to get intoo it so i wanna suprise her and get her her first digital SLR camera.

Shes mostly interested in contrasts and landscape photography.

i have a budget of approx 500$.
would you guys be able to give me suggestions?

In my opinion, the best camera you could get her at your budget would be the Canon Rebel XSI with the Kit Lens. I believe its $559 on Amazon.

Or
You may also get her a gift card towards one of the photography stores such as B&H, Adorama or Cametta.
She may have her eye on a particular camera, and this would go a long way.

Since your talking landscape you need a low focal length lens ... possibly a zoom. They kits tend to have 18-55mm focal lengths. I've seen good photos with Nikon, Canon and Sony. Pentax is a good name as well but have never seen any photos from one other than what have may have been posted here. Here's alinj to a few cameras: SLR Digital Cameras Not sure how Olympus is though.

Or
You may also get her a gift card towards one of the photography stores such as B&H, Adorama or Cametta.

Good Idea. Gift cards are always safe, in case she wants a specific camera.

haha thanks for that idea!
i really didnt think of the gift card

Get her a Pentax K-X... they come in colors.

Looking to buy a gift for my GF.
hi everyone,

so i know NOTHING about photography, but my gf is really trying to get intoo it so i wanna suprise her and get her her first digital SLR camera.

Shes mostly interested in contrasts and landscape photography.

i have a budget of approx 500$.
would you guys be able to give me suggestions?
user_offline.gif

Or

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

MrEraser, The gift card suttestion is an outstanding one and one I would strongly suggest that you consider. You have stated your knowledge of photography which probably includes your knowledge of what your girlfriend is looking for in features. Respectfully, there is no way for someone to suggest the best system for her. And that is what is important here isn't it?

If you don't like the gift card idea, take her to a good photography shop and let her pick out what she wants and you pay the tab. She will be much happier using gear she selected to her wants and needs than using something you bought on anther persons suggestion. :D

Most reactions

Back