Looking to buy new lens and equipment.

Alter_Ego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey so ive saved up about $1000 for some camera equipment mainly for lens, lens cleaner, travel bag and tripod. Im looking at getting a wide angle lens since i do a lot of scenes and a tripod for night shots at bars and restaurants.

Can anyone recommend me a wide angle lens? Also been looking into prime lens but then again it might not be as useful to me as say other equipment like a macro lens (at the monent i have a 75-300mm f/4-5.6) The reason why i want a prime is just for family photos.

So if anyone could suggest anything I'd appreciate that :)

Hey so ive saved up about $1000 for some camera equipment mainly for lens, lens cleaner, travel bag and tripod. Im looking at getting a wide angle lens since i do a lot of scenes and a tripod for night shots at bars and restaurants.

Can anyone recommend me a wide angle lens? Also been looking into prime lens but then again it might not be as useful to me as say other equipment like a macro lens (at the monent i have a 75-300mm f/4-5.6) The reason why i want a prime is just for family photos.

Wide angle: Nikon | 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor AF Lens | 2144

Prime for indoor family portraits: Nikon | AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Autofocus Lens | 2180 | B&H

Prime for outdoor family portraits: Nikon | Telephoto AF DC Nikkor 105mm f/2.0D Lens | 1932 | B&H

Macro: Nikon | 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Lens | 2160 | B&H Photo Video

In bars and restaurants use a monopod instead of a tripod.

Prime for indoor family portraits: Nikon | AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Autofocus Lens | 2180 | B&H

Prime for outdoor family portraits: Nikon | Telephoto AF DC Nikkor 105mm f/2.0D Lens | 1932 | B&H

Based on their signature I would assume they need Canon lenses.

As for the monopod, I agree. A lot of public places wont allow the use of tripods, but usually will not say anything about a monopod. Less of a risk factor for people tripping and them being held liable.

Based on their signature I would assume they need Canon lenses.

Well just add a D700 to KmH's list. :thumbup:

p!nK

haha thanks guys yeah i just about to look up that equipment til i read the following post :)

Would a prime wide lens do me any good? Ive never used a prime before though so im thinking of just getting the 50mm prime for indoor shots but if the prime wide works well then i might have to reconsider.

bump.

Can someone suggest equipment that will work for my camera?
canon rebel xs.

You can go to www.canonusa.com and look over the Canon equivelent lenses or similar, of the Nikon lenses I suggested, as a start.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=111

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=148&modelid=10510

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=152&modelid=7307

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=152&modelid=7310

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=155&modelid=19091

Those will give you an idea where to direct your research.

The great thing about doing your own research is, you discover things you didn't know, you didn't know, and you also run across other sources of information you can use so you don't have to wait to be spoon fed here at TPF. :thumbup:

KmH just linked half to of the lenses I'd like to get... :grumpy: so expensive

Most reactions

New Topics

Back