Looking To Buy Point And Shoot

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Chris2fer, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Chris2fer

Chris2fer TPF Noob!

Hello,

I am looking to buy a smallish point and shoot camera for about $200 and I was wondering if anyone could help advise me on a good one to get? There are five that I am currently looking at and it would be great if someone could tell me which is the best or point me towards another one that is better.

Samsung
    Fuji
    Canon
    Nikon
    Sony

Thanks!

2. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

My young daughter has a Fujifilm XP : 5x optical zoom, video, non extending lens, large view screen, shock-dust-water-freeze proof. About $150 at the right place at the right time. She has it with her all the time and is using it a lot, which is the whole point of a P&S.

3. AlexL

AlexL TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a S90 and I love the quality of the P&S. The Lumix LX-5 just came out and it looks like a very good camera too!

4. Chris2fer

Chris2fer TPF Noob!

Okay, Thanks for the help!

5. Irishwake

Irishwake TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have always loved the image quality on Sony's P+S's. All of my pics on this forum were taken with a Sony P+S because I don't have DSLR yet. You can get a used one for around $200, the H20 that is, and mine easily fits in my jeans pocket. Just giving my thoughts.