Looking to buy...

CaramelLatte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to make a living as a photographer, with my own studio and lots of solid, professional equipment - then I left the country, got married, sold up everything I owned and never got around to replacing any of it!

That was 6 years ago and now I am in the market for a new camera! I'd love some suggestions on what is good out there, right now!

My previous cameras have varied through film to DSLR and what not, and I can't list them all, but right now I have a basic point and shoot and it is not doing it for me!

Thanks so much, in advance! - p.s. I used to be a member here, so long ago that I can't remember my log in details! I need my passion back in my life!

What do you primarily shoot?
What is your price range?
What was your favorite body of those you used?
What were your favorite lenses of those you used?

I shoot portraits and landscape, I mostly shot people in the studio and did landscape sans people. I think the favourite piece of equipment I owned was my olympus e500 but it met an untimely death. I still have an old Lumix but it has seen much better days! I don't particularly have a budget, I'm broke all the way, but I will put the money aside for a few weeks if I have to, for the right piece!

I would like to pick up a few pieces, bit by bit, starting in the 100's and working my way up. The camera is my main priority, of course, and ideally I would like to get a mid-range, affordable camera to start off with and maybe use that to make some money to put into the rest of the equipment i'll need to get myself back to my former glory!

I sold and shifted everything I owned from lights, stands, backdrops to props and cameras, lenses, evertything! I thought I was going to get back to it a lot sooner then 2 kids were born and hey presto!

Broad range from portrait to landscape. Every time someone says Olympus I remember my roommate in college that just went on and on about his Olympus, it was a good camera, but telling everyone every time someone else pulled out a camera was a bit much.:1247:

I would look at some used equipment. Maybe a new 18-35mm to go with something like a used Nikon D600 and then a portrait lens of choice, or budget.

I dont know that i'd personally buy another Olympus, but it was the one that worked for me at the time.

Nikon, mid-range to high-end in APS-C, low-end body in FX. Those are my recommendations these days. Mid-range meaning D5200 or D5300 in APS-C and D7100 or D7200 as the high-end APS-C bodies, and the D600 or D610 in FX as the low-end FX option.

Coming in from Left Field ... a Fuji X100T. On looks alone it is worth buying ... even if the images were crap. The images are 'L' lens sharp and they are a bit different than a normal Bayer Canon or Nikon sensor ... different good. The lens is a 23mm fixed lens, (equal to a 35mm in FF speak). As a reintroduction to photography camera, you'll find the fixed lens to be actually quite liberating and it will get your photographic juices flowing in a creative good way.

Gary
The Fuji Fan Boy

portrait and landscape SCREAMS full frame to me. Used d6oo.

Agree with "Derrel"and "bribrius" get the Nikon D610 full frame camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back