Looking to get a fisheye

AlgidWinters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've had my Nikon D80 for a while now, and I have a Nikkor 18-135mm DX, a Nikkor 50mm AF lens, and a Tamron 90mm macro lens. I'm looking for a fisheye lens attachment, but I can't figure out what size I need because I'm unsure what size the threads are on each lens. Any ideas?

I've had my Nikon D80 for a while now, and I have a Nikkor 18-135mm DX, a Nikkor 50mm AF lens, and a Tamron 90mm macro lens. I'm looking for a fisheye lens attachment, but I can't figure out what size I need because I'm unsure what size the threads are on each lens. Any ideas?

Yeah, you could have a look at the Nikon website...

each lens will have the diameter stamped right on it.

The 18-135 has 67mm filters, and the 50mm prime has 52mm. Not sure about the Tamron 90, 62mm maybe? But anyways, I don't think you want the cheap screw-in variety fisheye contraptions. From what I've seen the quality is poor to downright laughable. If it's within your budget, definitely get the Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye lens. It's a real beauty.

I'm trying to get a fisheye attachment for my D40x.
Anyone know how much attachments go for?

the fisheye lens "attachments" you guys are referring to aren't even worth the $40-100 you pay for them. best bet is to check out a place like lensrentals.com and rent a real fisheye lens for a while to see if you like it. if you do like it, save up the $500-600 for the nikon 10.5mm. they take great shots as Mav can attest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back