Looking to purchase travel camera

mrtoad90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a nikon d7100 - i took it with me - two weeks to japan - all worked well - but - too much now for me to carry -

we are planning a two week cruise to central europe - need lighter camera but also need performance

i am looking at the "LUMIX FZ2500 Digital"

what is your opinion - please
and
do you have other suggestions

thanks so much for your help - mr toad

I was looking at the fz1000 lately, much of the performance at a fraction of the price

Nothing will be more portable than a smartphone!

Sony RX100 III, IV, V (whatever is the latest these days) would be a perfect camera for travel. But your pocket will be full of batteries lol.

Sony A6000, A6300, A6500 with the kit lens would be fantastic for travel and you'll get similar image quality you are use to with your D7100.

Another option is the Olympus MFT cameras which I have decent battery life, great compact lenses. It's 4:3 aspect vs 3:2, but you could crop if you are use to the D7100 aspect ratio.

The FZ1000 would be another great option as well.

i have a nikon d7100 - i took it with me - two weeks to japan - all worked well - but - too much now for me to carry -

we are planning a two week cruise to central europe - need lighter camera but also need performance

i am looking at the "LUMIX FZ2500 Digital"

what is your opinion - please
and
do you have other suggestions

thanks so much for your help - mr toad

look at mirrorless models (Sony, Canon, Fuji, etc.) they are smaller and lighter and can still use DSLR lens
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

thank you for the quick response
FZ1000 half the cost - always a consideration

i would love to use the samsung 8 smartphone - but, makes me nervous to think about it -

mirrorless - that would be another system -

what about the smart phone

toad

The LUMIX FZ2500 Digital you mentioned has 20X zoom. Do you need that much zoom? What do you mean that you need "performance"?

Most reactions

Back