Photos OK to edit
Here is what I have now:

Rebel XTI
kit lens 18-55mm
28-135mm IS
580EX II

Here are my choices for upgrade:

1) Trade in XTI and Kit lens for 40D and 50mm f1.8 lens

2) Trade it all for Nikon D200, and equivalent Nikon lens to the 28-135mm and 50mm f1.8 plus an equivalent flash.

HELP! What would you do? PM if you are interest in either of these two options.

hmm.. that is a tough call. Have you used a Nikon before? If I was you and equally comfortable with a Nikon as I was a Canon I would go for the second deal. That being said, a lot can be put on familiarity - in which case I would go for the first.

That doesn't help much now does it!

hmm.. that is a tough call. Have you used a Nikon before? If I was you and equally comfortable with a Nikon as I was a Canon I would go for the second deal. That being said, a lot can be put on familiarity - in which case I would go for the first.

That doesn't help much now does it!

I have only ever used Canon but realize my interest are mainly portrait photography. From what I hear Nikon has Canon beat for that.

I wouldn't say that Nikon or Canon really beats each other out for anything - be careful what you read because nothing ever comes without a bias ;)

well by looking at it

i would say go with the 2nd option except, maybe try and get hold of the Nikon 18-200mm VR lens and you'll be set!

I wouldn't say that Nikon or Canon really beats each other out for anything - be careful what you read because nothing ever comes without a bias ;)

That's not true... all of my comments come without bias..... get the Nikon...:lol:

That's not true... all of my comments come without bias..... get the Nikon...:lol:

:greenpbl: Well I shoot with Canon so that should mean everyone should.. eh?

(As I see with this thread that Canadians truly are starting to take over TPF.. who-hoo!)

Thanks for the replies so far. Any ideas the best way to go about selling and trading to get the most bang for my buck. I talked to people at my local Henry's but not sure about what they said.

Are you only interested in a trade? I might be willing to buy the XTi and the 28-135...

haha born and raised in windsor ontario here :D
moved to chicago for school but i come back once a month

Most reactions

New Topics

Back