LOOKS LIKE BALANCE OF POWER TO NIKON

Reaction score
Website
www.joecoulsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Watching the Olympics last month and now some football games over the weekend and tonight, it seems like all I am seeing are the D3's out there with black lenses. No more blankets of white lenses on the sidelines. I would imagine that for all you Canon shooters out there it will be the best time to pick up the bad boy lenses/bodies for cheaper than usual. Gotta love that D3.:mrgreen:

No provocation intended, just stating the sudden change on what pro's seem to be using and how it would affect serious amateurs who buy used gear.

I'm pretty sure Big Mike was having a bit of fun with you. ;)

But for all you Canonites (isn't that an ancient biblical term?) here's a pacifier to ease your pain. ;)

• [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuyVz89AXg[/ame]

Actually Nikon vs Canon comments asside, I just have to say the Olympics made me really happy. I know a Canon user who is an absolute ****head. The worst kind of idiot with his head firmly placed in his own ****. His quote "I can't wait for the olympics so we can see the Nikon sponsorship signs with all the Canon cameras underneath."

There's nothing like the sweet justice of proving him wrong (not because he's a canon user, but because he deserves that and a kick in the face).

/EDIT: What the heck guys is the content filter turned off? The swarewords slipped through.

As far as the consumer market goes, Nikon had the edge for quite some time due to lens compatibility with the older cameras well beyond that of Canon. It's easier to get a thirty/forty year old Nikon for a couple hundred dollars buy some lenses then later upgrade to a modern body.

/EDIT: What the heck guys is the content filter turned off? The swarewords slipped through.

We're grownups around here and know how to use the profanity not only sparingly but properly, I don't really think it's necessary here, I don't use them at all on PL. I thought about turning it on for the F-Bomb but I have not ahd any reall issues with it so far so....

His quote "I can't wait for the olympics so we can see the Nikon sponsorship signs with all the Canon cameras underneath."

Haha.. I read that as "Olympus" instead of "Olympics" at first and thought to myself: Hmm, he doesn't sound so bad...

:D

This is old news, IMO for over a year now and it also depends what you shot, if you are not shooting sports, birds/wildlife or moving subjects then Canon should still be as good and maybe better that Nikon in the studio and for landscapes etc. But Nikon models are cheaper for the same quality level.

Canon is just waiting to bring out the 5D replacement to trounce everything Nikon has. Then the 1DgMKIII. 21mp Digic V with 15fps. The "g" stands for "God".

Yep - this is calm before the storm that is the new canon cameras!

Can't we all just be friends? .

Friends with a nikonian?
Surely you jest sir!

But really, who wants to switch brands when you're $12,000 deep, anyways

This is what has surprised me most about the recent months - so many people are keen on switching brands based on the new bodies, so few have been talking about lenses at all =-= and yet key advice given is that lenses are worth more than new bodies. I can understand a pro who will be earning off his kit (and most times might not even buy the whole kit himself ;)) switching to another brand for a time to earn off it - but so many hobby level people are selling up loads of kit and switching brands - I wonder when the end of this year comes if they will be licking sore wounds from that switch.

Personally I am now with canon - I have spent my money on some top end lenses and already have several more earmarked for getting. The MPE 65 being one of those (and a unique lens for canon) and whilst bodies are well and good I will wait for them - give it 5 years time and bodies will be way ahead of where they are now anyway

Most reactions

Back