Loons with new Tamron

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picked up the new tamron 150-600 yesterday and managed to go on the lake this morning. So far so good. Did some post sharpening but really like the lens so far. I missed a few focues but that was uer error rather than the lens.

K52A7337 by runnah555, on Flickr

K52A7344 by runnah555, on Flickr

K52A7361 by runnah555, on Flickr

K52A7332 by runnah555, on Flickr

Yup, very nice! Especially the unusual view in the 2nd.

Yup, #2 fir me too.
What is the going wait time on that lens these days?
I am SOOO tempted. I also seem to be the last person on the forum without a 70-200 2.8, so that is on the list too.
Nancy

Any leaf colors yet?

looks like a nice lens, were those taken at 600mm ?

nice shots you got there

looks like a nice lens, were those taken at 600mm ?

nice shots you got there

Yeah most were at 600.

Yup, #2 fir me too.
What is the going wait time on that lens these days?
I am SOOO tempted. I also seem to be the last person on the forum without a 70-200 2.8, so that is on the list too.
Nancy

Any leaf colors yet?

I was lucky to find one in the local shop. Only $50 more than online. I've heard it's about a month wait.

Don't feel bad I don't have a 2.8 yet either.

Yeah leaves are turning quickly. Maybe 2-3 weeks before things get really colorful.

Very nice. Could you tell us which of the focal lengths of the lens that you used on these? I ask, because I am thinking of buying the new Tamron lens and I am very curious to see the quality of the images at 500 and 600mm. To date, I have not seen any tests of the lens beyond the 300mm mark on its zoom.

WesternGuy

Very nice. Could you tell us which of the focal lengths of the lens that you used on these? I ask, because I am thinking of buying the new Tamron lens and I am very curious to see the quality of the images at 500 and 600mm. To date, I have not seen any tests of the lens beyond the 300mm mark on its zoom.

WesternGuy

These were all at 600. I have noticed that backing off slightly to maybe 575mm makes things a bit crisper.

Congrats! looks like you are off to a good start!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back