Lord of the Rings - Weathertop Hollow Part I

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went on my first photo outing for nearly a month yesterday. I was invited to a private farm where weathertop hollow was filmed, it one of the unique areas on this planet I have seen to date. enjoy :D

weathertop_valley_view.jpg

weathertop_tree4.jpg

weathertop_limestones.jpg

weathertop_tree.jpg

weathertop_tree2.jpg

weathertop_tree3.jpg

weathertop_hollow.jpg

weathertop_hollow2.jpg

weathertop_hollow3.jpg

MozzMann said:
Wicked son just wicked I've got to get to NZ to shoot with you soon if you'll have me and you are welcome to the Snowy mountains any time.

Those trees look like they have had a real hard time getting a foot hold.
brilliant.

Mozz

Always looking for folks to shoot with here, so you are most welcome. I'd love to go to the Snowy Mountains, i couldn't make 6 years ago because my backpacker car didn't have snowtyres.

This area is only a about 5 k's from the Tasman sea - you can occasionally hear the ocean roar in the background; its quite windy so there are alot of windswept trees on the top part of the cliffs. But the main foe to the trees are introduced possums and feral goats.

sweeeet shots! caught in great light..
wow shots.. all of them.. very dramatic :D
thanks for sharing :D

Raymond J Barlow said:
...looks like a great place for a pano... awesome colours !

I was thinking the very same, more so after I have seen and enjoyed woodsac's pano just now... Absolute WOW-material!

(But we no longer expect anything less from you, Mark :greenpbl: )

really like the colours, did you use a filter for those shots?

thanks all for your comments :D glad you enjoy the pics.

Bry05, I use an UV filter on my lens. The deep colours I get come via tweaking various layers in photoshop. But of course, most of all it helps if you get great lighting and have an awesome landscape to shoot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back