Losing business to amateurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what kind of photography you are involved with Innuendo, perhaps you are less affected than other fields. I work almost entirely shooting sports. I have a good client base and that's what really matters to me. I know how good I am with a camera, I produce consistently good images on every shoot, and that's all I care about, my clients appreciate the work I do.

I shoot a number of things, from sports and motorsports to concerts and portraits. I produce consistently good images on every shoot, and that's all I care about.

People online have no idea what I do or how I work with clients, or other photographers.

Actually, this isn't about you. It's about your friend and his failure to maintain a positive client relationship.

Blaming the woman (aka "The Poacher") is to absolve your friend from his responsibility in ensuring his clients were satisfied with his work to the point where they would not consider another photographer.

Anyone asks me, they get an honest and straight answer.

Not that it matters an iota to the discussion about your friend but, as you've made it clear that you believe few who make the same claim, why on earth would anyone believe you?

Do you have a web site, I'd love to see some of your work. You know from one professional to another. I think we have exhausted the topic.

An argument could be made that anyone in procurement who spent $15,000 a year with one vendor, over $0 a year with another equivalent one, based on having a good relationship with the first one is criminally negligent in their fiscal responsibilities.

Do you have a web site

I have some, yes.

I'd love to see some of your work.

I'm sure you would.

Unfortunately, though, it's pretty clear that you want to see my work so you can attempt to pull it apart and criticize it. Photography being subjective, I'm sure there would be things you could find wrong with my work.

I just don't care.

You know from one professional to another.

I'm not interested in other professionals reviewing my website. I'm interested in potential clients reviewing my website. I've been in business long enough to know that what I do, and have been doing, works very well.

End of story.

An argument could be made that anyone in procurement who spent $15,000 a year with one vendor, over $0 a year with another equivalent one, based on having a good relationship with the first one is criminally negligent in their fiscal responsibilities.

And that would be a very strong argument, too.

This thread...

Gets back up.jpg

Only Over will get that joke.

Great looking photography on your site Scott.

Wow, this thread got ugly fast.

I think it got permanently uglified when it hit 5 pages.

I'm amazed it went this far without turning into a fistfight 10 pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back