Lost Lake, CO

tomso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first crack at HDR. Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.
892-10-7-14-small.jpg

sky is a little weird. But i like it anyway. Like the rocks under the water and the mountain background and how it leads you in. Like the colors too.

Agree with bribrius here. Something is just a bit off with the processing. It might be a simple matter of upping the exposure.

Maybe if you reduce the saturation , or lower the blues and greens it would help , I really like the photo tho

Not sure if this helps any but what i did here is adjusted the cyan and blue using a selective color mask. I used Nik color effex to add some warmth in the trees on the right side of the frame and masked that in. I added a bit of a glow in color effex. Then I used topaz to add some texture to the rocks in the water used that as a layer mask and then I masked it into the image.

892-10-7-14-small by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the feed back. I'm using Photoshop for my HDR creation right now, but from what I understand it isn't the best tool for that particular job.

Really very nice, first try or not. My only suggestion might be a slight nudging on perspective to make the trees a little more vertical. They're already nearly vertical so I don't think resolution will suffer (especially if you have a high-res version). I'd be very proud if it were mine.

Most reactions

Back