Lost some pics can I recover them??

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by 03civicdx, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    well my computer has been running like **** lately so I decided to back up all my pics and **** and redo my pc. well me being stupid I cut and pasted alot of pics to the cd drive instead of copy and paste well I guess something happen during the pasting to the disk drive because after the status bar went away the pics were not in the disk drive folder to burn them and they are not in the "my pictures" folder anymore. I did a system restore to yesterday and still not there. My question is... Is there ANY WAY to recover these pics? I need to know bad I have lost all the pics I have of my kids except for the ones I have on facebook and myspace and they are just ****y quality now. and I still have the ones we have printed out of course but I lost ALL the pics of my daughters 1st and 2nd birthday I'm at the point where I'm ready to just huddle in a corner somewhere and cry because I did such a stupid mistake I NEVER cut and paste I always copy and paste IDK WTF I was thinking. :(

2. eobrieniv

eobrieniv TPF Noob!

not really any easy way. let this seve as a reminder to back up, back up, and back up. this doesn't help you now, but try to invest in some kind of off-site backup. carbonite is a good paid solution. you can also try wuala.com. wuala is nice because it is free. you give up some of your local space to the cloud in return for some off-site space.

3. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    HA backup is what I was doing! lol

4. eobrieniv

eobrieniv TPF Noob!

thats true, but you should be backing up ALL the time. not just when you plan on reinstalling your operating system. you should have a schedule, back up once a week to an external drive, then also off-site. optical media is NEVER a good solution for backing up, it is very prone to failing.

in my case I have four copies of every picture. my local pc, my windows home server, external drive, and off-site.

5. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Going out ASAP to buy an external hard drive just for pics. I downloaded a program to use to recover files running that now guess we will see if that works. I hope so my wife is so upset about losing all these pics of our kids.

6. eobrieniv

eobrieniv TPF Noob!

best of luck.. i know the feeling, that's why i take the precautions i do.

7. DennyCrane

DennyCrane No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    There's numerous programs out there that will restore deleted files. When you delete a file (accidentally or not), you're not erasing it from the drive, you're just erasing the computers record of where it is. You might want to try the free trial of system mechanic pro at iolo technologies - The PC Tune-Up Experts. I'm thinking it might have an undelete function... and if not, there's plenty of other ones out there. In the mean time, use the computer as little as possible so you don't accidentally over-write the files.

8. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm not using it at all except for trying these programs to recover. if i have to i will take it some where to pay someone to get them off of there its worth it to have those pics of my kids back. hell CSI finds **** on peoples ps all the time from years back so im sure i can get them back some how. just trying the free ways first lol.

9. skieur

skieur TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Bottom line is a data recovery service. They can recover almost anything off a a hard drive or any memory device. Charges can from $300 to $500, but it may be worth it, depending on what was lost.

skieur

10. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh it would be worth every bit of that they were really priceless pics. 2500+ pics of my kids and the first 2 years of my baby girl and about 8 years worth of pics of my son so I would have payed that if I had to but....

Bought a program called getdata for $40.00 it found 2500 lost or deleted pics got the first cd burned and most of them are some I lost so that good but theres alot of random internet pics on there too from temp. internet files kinda odd I seen random sig's in there lol If it recovers all of them it will be worth every penny. If anyone loses any pics on a hard drive or a sd card im your man for the job of recovering them for a small fee lol

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  11. 20civic04

20civic04 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    off topic but are u on 7thgenhonda the name sounds familiar

12. 03civicdx

03civicdx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yes I am lol

Thread Status: