Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lost-resized.jpg

Kodak BW400CN

Not sure about this one...

Thoughts?

i like this, im not good at making photography termed compliments but the title plus the picture made me smile at the child's expense :(

i like this, im not good at making photography termed compliments but the title plus the picture made me smile at the child's expense :(

Thanks.

We were hiking through the woods, I had to set her down for a minute to adjust my bag (she didn't like that at all), looked up and that's what I saw. I just had to get a picture of it.

Last edited:
Josh, I think its very effective and will undoubtably get mixed reaction, so be prepared for that.
I did a small series of images entitled 'Gone' a while back, loosely illustrating childrens playground equiptment and toys which were grown over by deep grass, etc. I was a little shocked at the reaction I received. Not all were pleased.:wink:
Good shot here.

Cool. You leave him there?

Josh, I think its very effective and will undoubtably get mixed reaction, so be prepared for that.
Yeah I kinda expected some "Oh my god, why would you do that?!" responses.

Cool. You leave him there?

She knows the way home.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
I think its a great photo! She looks adorable....and she looks like a girl (after all, she is wearing butterflies)

I'm not offended by any means, but it just seems very planned. I wish there was more to lend to the fact that the child WAS lost.

Do you think another title would be more fitting? (I had a hard time thinking of a title for this)

It may look planned, but I assure you it wasn't. The time from when the idea entered my mind, to the time I took the picture was maybe 30 seconds. ;)

I think the title was perfect, the solitude you see in the shot, that almost desperate cry that children give when they are lost, or simply when you put them down are pretty close, and you captured it beautifully. It's a very powerful shot, almost as if it speaks to those situations where both parents work, the child is at daycare, and the guilt carried by the parents..... course you know, that's just my take on it..... that's what I got from it, it's defiitely beautiful.

Thank you very much!

I love the sense of helplessness I get from it. Most of my photography is just pictures of "things", this is one of the few I have that I think successfully evokes an emotional reaction.

Love it. I have to say that for me the emotional element is comedic as opposed to helpless, but powerful nonetheless.

Most reactions

Back