Lotus Esprit V8 Twin Turbo C&C

Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys. This is my second HDR photograph. Just wanted to get some feedback on it. I used photomatix and photoshop. Used three exposures:
EV -2, 0, 2

-Derrick

Excellent HDR! Very refreshing to see a true HDR rather than that over-processed look. As for the composition, I'd like it if the car were a little more to the right.

Car looks good but I think the trees are a little much and have an over processed look, How did you do that, have the car not look over processed but the trees do?

Perfect example of an HDR done correctly. On first glance I didnt know it was an HDR...in my opinion thats how it should be done...subtle.

its good shot. but the saturation in the trees are grabbing attention if you ask me.

I agree with Time Thief. Excellent shot but my eyes are immideately drawn to the bright, oversaturated green background...then I say...oh that's a nice car too. I'd tone the greens down a bit personally to lower the distraction from the car.

On second look, after reading the other comments, I agree that the trees pop out a bit more than the car. However, if you toned down the trees the entire image would look rather dark, so maybe try lightening the shadow on the hood too?

This photo looks pretty darn good...

However, it is a bit uncomfortable to look at and MBasile nailed it. Compositionally, if you are going to have more room on one side of the car than the other, it really should be the left. Because of the composition, a centered subject would look best here because of the quasi-symmetry of the tree lined road.

Thanks for sharing

Car looks good but I think the trees are a little much and have an over processed look, How did you do that, have the car not look over processed but the trees do?

I didn't do anything different to either one. The trees and car got the same processing work. It might be because the trees have more colors than the car and that's why they look like that. I do agree with ewveryone else on the tree saturation and the composition. Thanks for all the feedback :D

Overstanding, can you please also post the original three photos?

Overstanding, can you please also post the original three photos?

Sure thing.

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

That looks really good. I don't know enough about the process to critique yet. I love the car though.

Most reactions

Back