Louisiana Weather = Macro Shots

b3av3r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had my camera for about two weeks and thanks to my work schedule and the lovely Louisiana weather I haven't been able to take it outside at all. Hour after hour of rain almost everyday. So I just brought it to work and tried to find something to shoot but really don't have many options.

I finally just started playing with a bunch of macro shots. I only have one lens at this time, a Nikkor 28-80mm that came with the camera. After learning the camera and playing with the settings, I finally came up with one shot I sort of like and I have no idea why.

Here is the original:
4b8e3beac5.jpg

Yes, I am bored at work and stacking cigarettes up. Not the best subject but its what I have.

And after looking through all the options in Photoshop and toying with some things, I ended up with this:

4563892bc2.jpg

Obviously any comments/criticisms/advice/etc. is welcome.

That shot is BUTTer! :eek:ldman: I like the original.

have a good one
3Eo

I like the original as well. Looks a bit soft maybe even where the focus is supposed to be sharp.

one more vote for the origional :)

quick tip. if you wanted all of them to be sharp you could up the aperature a bit which is actually making the hole smaller

thanks for all the positive comments

I wasn't really sure what to do with the picture once I loaded up PS but I kind of have a heart for B&W images so there you go.

What lens do well for macro shots which have become my priority over landscapes at the moment?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back