Louisville at Night

rls2002

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bobstephensonphotography.com
A006_LRG.jpg

I think the picture is pretty nice. If you scroll the down and use the edge of your browser to measure the sea shore, you would see it is actually not that far off. I think there is a bit of imbalance in the lighting. Because the shore on the left is much more well lit than the right, that creates a visual imbalance and makes the left side heavy. Aside from the bushes at the bottom, I think it is a nice one! :)

nice pic, its good to see another person here from lexington :)

The shot looks great, makes me want to visit.

My immediate impression was that of a crooked horizon, too, but then I did the "Finsen-test" :)wink: ) and found out that, indeed, the line is straight. It must be the distribution of lights that gives off this impression. Interesting!

Nice reflections. Good night photography.
Yes. The bushes ... but other than that!? :thumbup:

The shot looks great, makes me want to visit.

you should if not louisville atleast somewhere in kentucky, I would suggest the fall, winter and spring is just nasty, mostly wet, summer is ok, but to hot for some ppl, our fall weather is prefect.

Im from Louisville myself, and am envious of this pic,lol. Nice! If your into Victorian style architecture, you would love Louisville.

My immediate impression was that of a crooked horizon, too, but then I did the "Finsen-test" :)wink: ) and found out that, indeed, the line is straight. It must be the distribution of lights that gives off this impression. Interesting!

Nice reflections. Good night photography.
Yes. The bushes ... but other than that!? :thumbup:
Thanks LaFoto....I just spent the last twenty minutes Googeling "The Finsen test" muttering :how come I've never heard of this? Of course, the answer was right in front of me...LOL. I'm wondering if it's not the water currents that create the illusion of a tilted horizon? It is a nice shot though.

wow this is nice I love the reflections :)

I agree, Louisville and Lexington are both wonderful places to visit. Maybe we should try to get a meet-up going??

Oh yeah.. back to the photo.. I like everything about it but the bushes..:thumbup:

great shot...love the reflections.

I was in KY last year (at Wetern Kentucky University)...I don't remember that 1/2 of the state being this pretty :blushing:

TFS.

great shot...love the reflections.

I was in KY last year (at Wetern Kentucky University)...I don't remember that 1/2 of the state being this pretty :blushing:

TFS.

yea you were in Bowling Green, I go there about once a month to shoot for some riders there, its a nice place, but its not a place for skylines and what not, did you visit the Covette plant?

Most reactions

Back