love - brotherhood / sisterhood

mcb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbphoto.com
this is a possible christmas card that i shot of these two children yesterday.

034_xmas.jpg

what is your overall thoughts about this photo ?
what do you think about composition / exposure ?
do you think it is oersharpened ?
anything else i could have done better ?

thank you for any input that you have .. editing and anything else you would like to do to this photo is fine with me.

mcb

I wouldn't sharpen it any more than you've already done. Looks fine. :thumbup:

It doesn't have much of a Christmas-y feel to it, with the green grass in the foreground. I'd try to crop out most of that. If you're taking photos meant for a Christmas card, try to dress your subjects for that, and have a fall or winter theme in mind. This image speaks of high summer to me - green grass, tee-shirts, etc. They look happy and healthy, and it's a great image - just don't know if it would work as a Christmas image. ;)

I love the shot, and the kids look great, regardless of how the image is used. :)

hello mcb

those are lovely children, and a near angelic expression on their face. Thank you for sharing this. I can't find anything wrong with the exposure. From a composition standpoint perhaps think about the following:

1. The fence post is right between the young lad and the girl as if dividing them. Fences are a bit tricky as they make a great prop, but you have to be aware of posts, angles and the such.
2. If its a christmas card, i would agree with terri - make it a bit more more festive. Its not a problem that it looks summery (thats just a bias of people in the northern hemisphere ;) ) - You can decorate the fence with some yuletide decorations.
3. Perhaps try different crops on the image - focus on the expression to take the emphasis off the environment.

i agree with what is said above. but i want to add in as far as posing for the kids it looks good but the one think i dont like are the feet and legs, maybe if they where turned alittle mor to the sides it would work better for me. I really dont like the boot bottom on the girls head...
thats it though cute kids nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back