love - brotherhood / sisterhood

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by mcb, Nov 25, 2005.

1. mcb

mcb TPF Noob!

this is a possible christmas card that i shot of these two children yesterday.

[​IMG]

what is your overall thoughts about this photo ?
    what do you think about composition / exposure ?
    do you think it is oersharpened ?
    anything else i could have done better ?

thank you for any input that you have .. editing and anything else you would like to do to this photo is fine with me.

mcb

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wouldn't sharpen it any more than you've already done. Looks fine. :thumbup:

It doesn't have much of a Christmas-y feel to it, with the green grass in the foreground. I'd try to crop out most of that. If you're taking photos meant for a Christmas card, try to dress your subjects for that, and have a fall or winter theme in mind. This image speaks of high summer to me - green grass, tee-shirts, etc. They look happy and healthy, and it's a great image - just don't know if it would work as a Christmas image. ;)

I love the shot, and the kids look great, regardless of how the image is used. :)

3. anumcara

anumcara TPF Noob!

hello mcb

those are lovely children, and a near angelic expression on their face. Thank you for sharing this. I can't find anything wrong with the exposure. From a composition standpoint perhaps think about the following:

1. The fence post is right between the young lad and the girl as if dividing them. Fences are a bit tricky as they make a great prop, but you have to be aware of posts, angles and the such.
    2. If its a christmas card, i would agree with terri - make it a bit more more festive. Its not a problem that it looks summery (thats just a bias of people in the northern hemisphere ;) ) - You can decorate the fence with some yuletide decorations.
    3. Perhaps try different crops on the image - focus on the expression to take the emphasis off the environment.

4. df3photo

df3photo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i agree with what is said above. but i want to add in as far as posing for the kids it looks good but the one think i dont like are the feet and legs, maybe if they where turned alittle mor to the sides it would work better for me. I really dont like the boot bottom on the girls head...
    thats it though cute kids nice shot.