Love my Sony Cybershot!

EmilyNoel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been using my Sony Cybershot now for a few years and have put together a portfolio I'm incredibly happy with. I'd recommend this to anyone out there who doesn't want to spend a lot of money but also doesn't want to sacrifice quality!

emilynoel

Cool story Bro.

... I'd recommend this to anyone out there who doesn't want to spend a lot of money but also doesn't want to sacrifice quality!
I disagree. I also have a Sony Cybershot (DSC-H9) and the image quality between it and any of my DSLRs is night and day. I have very little control over the camera in any mode, changing settings is a nightmare, and image quality is quite noisy and not that good overall. Personally I would not recommend the one I have to anyone.

I checked your portfolio and think that it is quite a rare case of a photographer being better than his/ her camera. I agree with SCraig, your Sony is limiting your photography. You definitely have an eye for a good short, some of your shots are quite ambitious, and your camera is simply not up to it. I agree that it is a nice camera and your simpler shots prove it, but I think you would greatly benefit from a more capable one.

I checked your portfolio and think that it is quite a rare case of a photographer being better than his/ her camera. I agree with SCraig, your Sony is limiting your photography. You definitely have an eye for a good short, some of your shots are quite ambitious, and your camera is simply not up to it. I agree that it is a nice camera and your simpler shots prove it, but I think you would greatly benefit from a more capable one.

I think she is just a Sony troll.

I thought the "admire" section had the best images. Not too bad.

emilynoel

And as for calling her a Sony troll...in the SONY forum, a Sony "troll"??? Whaaa???

In the Admire section of your portfolio, the picture of the mission in San Antonio is a great example of Sashbar said. If you like Sony, the Alpha series is pretty solid. My wife's got an a230 and it's been pretty reliable, even after finding its way to the ground rather quickly once...

I thought the "admire" section had the best images. Not too bad.

emilynoel

And as for calling her a Sony troll...in the SONY forum, a Sony "troll"??? Whaaa???

Just joking in this case, but I have seen more than a few posts started by actual sony employees fronting like they are consumers trying to push products.

I've been using my Sony Cybershot now for a few years and have put together a portfolio I'm incredibly happy with. I'd recommend this to anyone out there who doesn't want to spend a lot of money but also doesn't want to sacrifice quality!

emilynoel

Sony Cybershot is the good camera in the camera world..............

emilynoel

Sony Cybershot is the good camera in the camera world..............

Spam is the good canned meat in the canned meat world.

Haha...not a troll, I would probably prefer to work for Sony but unfortunately I'm stuck doing psychology research for now :) Just trying to embrace this camera until I have $$ to go for a bigger one. Thank you minicoop, Derrel and sashbar! I appreciate it.

yyyyyyyyyyyeah....

BTW Emily - your Viegues/PR image need an urgent straightening. :) Watch the horizon line.

Most reactions

Back