Love to Drive

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few days ago I saw a very nice picture by @oldhippy and said I'd love to drive that road. Of course, he extended the invitation for coffee and a drive. I took him up on it... well, not his road or coffee, but mine. This is what developed after a frustrating session a couple days ago, as I babbled on about here. I hope you enjoy my driving. :)

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD at 40mm, f/3.5, 1/250s, ISO 64, hand-held.
genesee1504-42-x1080.jpg

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD at 24mm, f/5.6, 1/250s, ISO 200, hand-held.
north-arm1504-23-1080x.jpg

Nikon D810, Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD at 58mm, f/5.6, 1/320s, ISO 100, hand-held.
north-arm1504-68-x1080.jpg

You can see the fruits of my labor in their entirety on my blog: After the Rain North Arm - 1 Foot in the Grave

What a beautiful place, might have to take turns for coffee.

Nice leading lines, pleasing composition but imho you overprocessed them

Hope your frustration is gone by now!

I like the second one here and the third and sixth in your blog.

Nice blog, as well. Would love to take a nice drive along there sometime.

Holy saturation Batman!

I like all three images, but agree the saturation, especially in #3, does seem to be cranked just a tad high. Lovely scenes however.

#1 is classic. I am a California fanboy and you have reinforced my mentality. We see too much of the California coast ... as Queen Califia says "Give me men to match my mountains".

The first is my favorite - it's quite lovely. I like to comp of the second and third, but as mentioned, they seem distractingly over-processed.

I like all three, but the first one is my favorite. Great composition in that one.

Love #1. Other two are also good, but as noted by others, somewhat more saturated to my tastes. Go on more road trips!

I love the light thru the trees in the first one, that's a wonderful photo.

Most reactions

Back