Lovey Doves

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Doves-1.jpg

One milder day and they think its Spring. Beginning to pair off, but it is fun to see the males puffing out their chests and arguing over the girls.

Was it Shakespeare who said . .

Spring is the season when a young man turns to thoughts of what a young woman has been thinking about all year round. . . . . . .

These two were well huddled down into the branches as it was blowing a gale out there.

Was it Shakespeare who said . .

Spring is the season when a young man turns to thoughts of what a young woman has been thinking about all year round. . . . . . .
Ol' Will was pretty smart/observant, wasn't he??? :lmao:

Nice capture...I like how you have them close together but facing different directions, literally like two sailboats crossing paths. Lovely soft colours too, and sharp focus on the eye of the dove in the foreground.

How pretty to have wild ringneck doves,

I agree with Antarctican also, I like the soft effect. :thumbup:

I used to have around 30 of those as pets.

Do you ever see any wild white ringnecks?

Thanks for the comments -
We call these Collar (or collared) Doves - arriving here in the UK about 1958 and now increasing all the time - we can get up to 30 down at once and can clear feeders in minutes although can be seen off by a blackbird. Now they are getting more numerous they are getting quite argumentative and can spend more time with the alpha male seeing everything off than getting on to feed. Have seen some very pale ones but no albino as yet. There were about four others in the tree when I too this shot and was hoping they would make a heart shape but the wind kept them huddled down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back