Lovin the feed back

page_tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wish I would have found this place sooner. Here are a few more. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I would like to start taking pictures for a little extra cash (something has to fund this expensive, new-found hobby;)), so I need to know how I could have made these pictures better. Thanks

Easton+Tulip+Festival+1.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

I definitely like them. They have kind of a retro look, though #2 looks like it might have a little too much contrast IMO.

Love #1, nothing much I would change, except possilby wamring up the colour temp just a tad (seems a tiny bit blue).

#2 would be good but the foreground snow is completely blown out white and is very dominating in the scene. If you could crop most of that out, or possibly recover some detail from it if you have the RAW file then it would help. I agree with big that there si a bit much contrast as well, though this can work as part of the look you seem to be going for.

#3 is nice, could have used a little bit of fill light on the left side of his face. Pretty good though.

Thanks for the replies. It really helps to know what others think and how I can improve my pictures.

These are some great shots. The little boys are very cute!

As stated above, number 2, the snow is blown out, I dont know if it can be burned in or if it is to far gone, if it is, then I would just try to crop as much of it out. Did you use a flash when taking number 2, if so that could be why the snow is blown out.

Hey guys, I'm not totally sure, but I think snow's not supposed to be middle gray.

:thumbup:

Hey guys, I'm not totally sure, but I think snow's not supposed to be middle gray.

Thanks smartass I think we get that - but a huge area of solid 255,255,255 is not making for attractive shot, is the main bullet point that we were trying to get across here. Even just bringing out a few slight shadows in the snow would make a world of difference.

I know that snow is white and not middle gray, but the snow should have detail, such as different colors of what and shadows. The snow in this picture is just blown out, there is no detail and by the looks of it, they wont be able to get detail in the snow.

I agree on the snow thing I knew it looked a bit off somehow but didn't know quite how to fix it (I cropped it out and it looks great). I also warmed #1 up a bit and really like how it turned out. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back