Loving my new D7100

Shanman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought a new to me d7100 last month, and am loving this camera. I switched over from a D5100. Im glad I made the switch. Here are some recent pics

Attachments

• DSC_1801.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 313
  • DSC_1782.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 300
Glad you are enjoying it. Nice shots

What advantages did you like from the 5100 ?
Congrats on the newer camera

I had the D3200 and D5200 myself and when i got the D7100 the build quality was in a different league, and the amount of physical controls and settings and af system is much better.

John.

Congrats, you are the proud owner of an amazing camera, owned it for over a year and loved every minute of it!

nice.,.,
Nikon D7100 is very good.,.,
check this
Nikon D7100 key features
  • 24.1MP DX format CMOS sensor, with no OLPF
  • EXPEED 3 processing
  • ISO 100-6400 standard, up to 25600 expanded
  • Max 6 fps continuous shooting in DX mode, 7fps in 1.3X crop mode
  • 51 point AF system, 15 sensors cross type
  • 2016 pixel RGB metering sensor
  • Spot white balance in live view mode
  • 1080 60i/30p video recording, built-in stereo mic, mic jack and audio monitoring jack
  • Pentaprism with 100% coverage and 0.94X magnification
  • 3.2", 1.2m-dot LCD screen (640 x 480 X RGBW)
  • Front and rear IR receivers
  • Equivalent water and dust resistance to D800/D300S
    o.png

Last edited:
OP - did you use the movable screen on the 5100 and if so, do you miss it with the 7100?

I too went from a D5100 to a D7100 recently. Kept the D5100 as a backup and for my wife to learn on. She has a good eye. I can say I do kinda miss the swivel screen when I'm trying to get super low to get my daughters' perspective, but I can overlook that with all the controls on the camera itself that i can adjust on the fly.

I bought a 7100 just before Xmas and it really is a fantastic piece of gear.

Also bought a Yongnuo speedlight with it, so trying to learn about flash photography at the same time. Information overload! :)

I bought a 7100 just before Xmas and it really is a fantastic piece of gear.

Also bought a Yongnuo speedlight with it, so trying to learn about flash photography at the same time. Information overload! :)
and sometimes information overload is a good thing :)

OP - did you use the movable screen on the 5100 and if so, do you miss it with the 7100?
I also went from the 5100 to the 7100 and I definitely miss the screen. You never realize how useful it is until it's gone. I still make due without it by using the live view, putting the camera in position, then switching back to regular view and firing. It's still not as effective as the screen but it works.

I think I will miss it too much to give it up. I will probably trade up to a 5300 instead of the 7100 when the time comes. I want the wifi and extra mps but don't necessarily have any issues with the 5100 at this point so it is nothing imminent.

I think I will miss it too much to give it up. I will probably trade up to a 5300 instead of the 7100 when the time comes. I want the wifi and extra mps but don't necessarily have any issues with the 5100 at this point so it is nothing imminent.
You can always go with te D750, got the tilty screen and killer low light performance ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back