Low light hand shots, C&C please.

Raincheck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Maybe it's only me because it's my GF that likes these photo's, that's why I ask for some C&C

IMG_5428.jpg IMG_5418.jpg

Thanks in avance,
Rain

The second one is the better out of the two, I think the first one would be ten times better and more inspiring if you got closer to the eyes and made the focus on the tear drop. Maybe some black&white, that'd be cool.

Oh, gee, you're not making it easy.

#1; horizontal frame and vertical subject. needs better/different light. I don't get the "tear". Questionable pose on a a pillow. Hair not optimum.

#2; better frame and light, but shoulder and foreground arm are not helping. Also entire composition seems off balance with background light and hair askew.

The hair in the second doesn't bother me, actually it makes it a bit more real and believe able to me, no one has great hair in bed but the first looks a bit weird. The tears are fine imo, adds a bit of emotion and a question. The depth of field seems too shallow in the first, both look like they could handle a bit more noise reduction. Portrait orientation in the first seems a strange choice, adding nothing to the image.

The light in the second image bugs me but other than that they are nice images

I think the first photo would be a way stronger if her nose and lips had been in focus by having a bit deeper DoF.
I also think #1 needs a bit more exposure or some local dodging.

I added +0.5 EV of exposure (global) using ACR's Basic panel and that panels Exposure slider.
I selected her eye whites (sclera) and using a hue Saturation adjustment layer I de-saturated the sclera by moving the Saturation slider all the way to the left and moved the Lightness slider to the right +5.
I cloned out the catchlights on the camera right side of her iris'.

IMG_Edit5428.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back