Low Light Photo for C&C

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my attempt at a low light photo. I took this on Friday but I haven't had a chance to post it until now. Does it look ok with the focus being on only one side of the face? I like it the way it is , however, it would have been nice if I had taken another shot where her whole face was in focus. I had a hard time figuring out how to get the lighting the way I wanted it but I'm not sure I've got the low light concept down. Let me know what you think. I used my 50mm lens for this shot and did not use a tripod. Only natural lighting was used.

EXIF
ISO - 200
Exposure Time - 1/250 sec
Shutter Speed - 1/256 sec
F-Stop - f/3.50
Focal Length - 50.00 mm
Flash was not used.

3651321941_c7befc1108.jpg

I think it looks good and fits the requirements for a low key photo.
I do think you could up the contrast a bit and get more falloff to black on the left side (of the image).Maybe try burn in some instead, so you don't blow the whites any more. I think it works with focus on the closest area of her face. Her eye is in focus.
If you wanted more in focus, you could have stopped down you aperture more.
I couldn't tell you how much, or even if at such a close range it is possible. I am still learning that lens myself.

Thank you for the comments. :) When I viewed the photo before on a different computer, the photo was darker. However, now that I'm on this one, it looks lighter so I will go and make it a little darker.

Anyone else?

Most reactions

Back