low sized pics on a DSLR....HELP ME

thanveershaik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm using a Canon EOS 1300D and i'm getting an average image size of 1mb in raw which is very disappointing to me as a beginner. Help me solve this problem.

1mb sounds odd for a RAW. Check the manual and go into the camera settings. There's typically several quality settings for JPEG and RAW so might be your somehow set it to a low quality setting. It might also be that you're getting JPEG shots instead of RAW and possibly mixing the two up.

The only other reason for very low flie size is almost no data; but even then I'd expect a larger file size for a RAW shot.

I'm using a Canon EOS 1300D and i'm getting an average image size of 1mb in raw which is very disappointing to me as a beginner. Help me solve this problem.

That's not possible. Raw files from that camera are approx. 25 mb. The camera's raw files will have a .CR2 extension. What you're describing sounds like a JPEG file and is either the JPEG created by the camera or the JPEG embedded in the raw file. Check the camera settings and what software do you have to process the CR2 files from the camera?

Joe

I agree with the others, check your settings. And double check that file size for that CR2 file on your computer

Maybe what you are saying is true
But i have imported the pics taken on the dslr onto my mobike through wifi and the images are approx. 1mb size, some are even 500kb approx.

Don't know what's wrong ....

Maybe what you are saying is true
But i have imported the pics taken on the dslr onto my mobike through wifi and the images are approx. 1mb size, some are even 500kb approx.

Don't know what's wrong ....

Most cameras with WiFi will only send jpg images over to phones via WiFi. To get the raw you will have to use a physical connection to the phone or computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way to know why is it happening is to reset (or set if you haven't) by going through the manual for setting so that you can get the idea. 1mb in raw sounds very awkward as it never happened to me may be.

I would also think since you are transferring by WiFi that you are only getting the thumbnail of the image.

I know with other camera that *can* transfer a RAW file it will take forever .....
Many only may transfer a couple size of smaller JPEGs, which you would have to configure for the size to transfer.

Maybe check your manual state about file transfers ?

SOLVED

THANKS TO EVERYONE

I have been transferring images through wifi to my mobile which are of less sized,

But when i connected the memory card to my pc the pics are of 25 mb in size

My special thanks to Light Guru

Most reactions

Back