Didereaux

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WxVMSlE.jpg

Very distressing. I am assuming this is a reservoir somewhere in the SW US under current drought conditions.

WesternGuy

Very distressing. I am assuming this is a reservoir somewhere in the SW US under current drought conditions.

WesternGuy

Actually no. It was the far end of Sullivan Lake in NE Washington state. But they too had a short water year and this was left from the draw down. Not as severe as the picture implies this is the shallow end of the reservoir and so a 10' draw down moves across a lot of acreage.

Thanks for the background, it is appreciated. Maybe it is just me, but I am always interested to know the background behind a lot of the posted shots, particularly ones like this. I have an almost insatiable curiosity in this regard.

WesternGuy

Ooh, desolation and destruction - nice! Have you tried processing it darker? Just a thought ...

Ooh, desolation and destruction - nice! Have you tried processing it darker? Just a thought ...

Yeah, tried it. But because of the dark shadows on the stumps if I go any darker I lose way to much detail. It was a trade off. Could get away with it in BW with it though I think.

I really like it! Did you try taking a shot from a lower angle? I'm not really sure if it would make a better shot though.
But I really like yours as is. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back