Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by dan.rpo, May 30, 2009.

1. dan.rpo

dan.rpo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anybody who has this bag...how much do you like it? How well would it suit my needs while on the move during my month long trip in Europe?

I have a Nikon D40 with 3 lenses, flash and other small accessories.

2. TJ K

TJ K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very good. I have one and I absolutely love it great for quick access and mobility and the weather cover is amazing! It holds things quite well and has good amount of room A+ bag.

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'll give you a "for instance".

I'll have my main body on a strap (I like the Black Rapid) and the bag holds three primes + TC, filters, flash and miscellaneous stuff. At the end of the day, your right scapula will be sore. it's a nice bag and I like the ability to flip it around to access, but the one shoulder support is a bit laddened for an all dayer if loaded to the gills.

4. JamieR

JamieR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I got mine 2 days ago, very impressed with it, very well made and very comfortable. I say go for it.

5. Crazydad

Crazydad No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Bought mine before we went to Disneyworld last year. Carried around a D60+lens, spare p&s, and other stuff (non-camera related) all day with no discomfort. I really like not having to take it off to get stuff out of it and still use it as my main carry around bag.

With 3 lenses, flash, and other stuff you may want to look at the 300. It is a little biger.

6. TUX424

TUX424 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I used to have that bag but i thought i was going to like the sling style of the bag but i found it to make my back and shoulder sore.
    I sold that bag and i am now trying to find a backpack style bag to replace it.

7. CxThree

CxThree TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its a great bag. I own it and upgraded to the 350 when I got my 70-200mm F2.8L IS lens. The 350 is actually too big for a sling bag (IMHO). However, the 200 is PERFECT. I use it whenever I am going somewhere and do not need the big lens. My 70-200mm F4L lens fits in it easily.

8. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    holds 1dmII + 24-105L + 100-400L + 50mm + flash. It is tight bit it all fits with a little extra room for misc items. It isn't a replacement for the comfort that backpacks provide. It is just slightly more comfortable than a traditional shoulder/messenger bag.

9. 250Gimp

250Gimp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like mine, but it has its limitations like no tripod pocket.

Full load for me last year on a trip to Australia had:

Canon Xt (350D) + grip, with 70-200 f4 mounted (hood on backwards)
    Sigma 18-50 f2.8
    Canon 50 f1.8 mk2
    Canon 1.4x TC in pouch
    Canon 430EX flash
    Canon 100 f2.8 macro

Hung a tripod & monopod on outside of bag

PLus extra batteries, cables, cleaning stuff, etc.

It was heavy, but good for a few hours at a time.

10. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've had one for a little over a year and have had it on my back for up to 8 hours at a time. Those longer hour days really make my back / shoulder sore, even with the other strap that goes accross the body.

2-3 hours out, its totally fine and is my preferred bag. More than that, it gets a bit tiresome. The AW bag is great.

I usually carry a gripped Rebel XSI, Canon 10-22mm, Tamron 28-75mm, Canon 50-200mm, 430EXII flash, random small accessories (remote, batteries,...). I could probably make room for my 50mm as well, but I try and bring the standards only unless I know I will be needing it.

I'm headed to Australia next year and currently looking for a real backpack style camera bag to carry my gear

11. bhop

bhop No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I would recommend the Fastpack over the Slingshot. It's got similar space inside, but has two straps to support weight better, and you're still able to access it while standing. (by taking off one strap and slinging it around) I have the Fastpack 350 and it's great.

I shot a race this weekend, I had inside: D200 with grip and Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 attached, D70 body, SB-600, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 70-300 APO, spare batteries, filters, can of spray sunscreen, 3 bottles of water, a medium sized notebook, and my sunglasses. I probably could've fit another small prime lens or two.

The Fastpack 200 will probably be fine for you.