Lower End Telephoto Lens

eatkakifry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I know jack squatt about photography, but my friend who I am looking for a present for, wants a telephoto lens. SHe has a Nikon N80. I was wondering if anyone knew any DECENTLY or LOWER PRICED telephoto lens that would be recommended specifically for the NIkon N80. My budge is from 100-200. I saw the Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm AF F4-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens for about 100. What do you guys think about that? Are there any others I should consider that would be better that are around 150-200?? Any feedback and helpful commentary would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

I use Canon gear so I don't know much about Nikon but they are usually pretty close. The 70-300 will be an OK lens and about the only telephoto in your price range, that I can think of.

You might also want to look at Tamron or Sigma lenses. They are both reputable third party lens makers and have pretty good prices. Just make sure you buy one with a Nikon mount.

Does anyone know how this lens or similar lenses perform for capturing pictures of Ocean waves? Also, anybody know price of a camera house for water pictures??

The lens does not really care if it's taking pictures of waves or whatever. A better lens will perform than a poor one with any subject. One thing that might be an issue is salt air. Really high end lenses are better sealed against the elements so they will stand up better in harsh conditions. These lenses are quite expensive however.

If you want water proof camera housings, do a search for water proof camera housings. There are a few companies that do make them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back